Reveal: My First Louis Vuitton - Speedy B 35

Sorry I am reposting the photos..
Hello everyone,

I just received my Speedy B 35... I am a lil dissappointed... Don't get me wrong.. I LVoe LVoe LVoe the Speedy B 35 and this is definitely a bag for me... But the lock is scratched up and finger printed all over it... :sad:

The lock and key were attached to the zipper when I opened up the bag.. is that normal? I thought there is a small envelope where they store the lock and key?

Also, the pocket inside the Speedy has no zipper... Is this normal as well for Speedy? Sorry this is my first LV so please educate me..

P1030546.jpg

Attachments

• P1030540.JPG
    P1030540.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 690
  • P1030541.JPG
    P1030541.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 516
I am sending it back.. exchanging it for a new one.. sorry since this is my first LV, I want it to be perfect... :sad:

Thank you everyone for the feedback.. I truly appreciate it..

Very lovely bag! Don't worry about this, really. My SA put the lock on mine after I had decided on the bag, but left the keys in the box. I wouldn't think much of it. If it bothers you, show them the lock and ask for another one. They have a whole drawer of locks!

I am sending it back.. exchanging it for a new one.. sorry since this is my first LV, I want it to be perfect... :sad:

I just posted but then saw this and wanted to post again. You know, I agree with you. It is your first LV and the experience should not be 2nd-guessed. You should be 100% happy. Get a perfect one and be happy. Good move. :smile:

Sounds to me like you received a return - LV locks ALWAYS come in a box placed inside a zippy pouch...I'd take that puppy to the nearest LV store and say, "I'm sorry, but I don't pay full price for used bags."

Congrats on your first LV! It's gorgeous :biggrin:. Sorry about the lock. I've bought 7 speedies over the years and sometimes they come with the lock attached and sometimes the lock & keys are in a box. I'm glad you're returning your Speedy for one that's totally fresh (I think you got a return...they do slip through the cracks sometimes). I hope the one you eventually get will be absolutely perfect!

Wow sugarcookie - 7 speedies.. you are truly a speedy lover! I dont blame ya.. I looked around for while for a style and chose LV.. I am so in love with this Speedy B already.. cant wait to get a new one..

Congrats on your first LV! It's gorgeous :biggrin:. Sorry about the lock. I've bought 7 speedies over the years and sometimes they come with the lock attached and sometimes the lock & keys are in a box. I'm glad you're returning your Speedy for one that's totally fresh (I think you got a return...they do slip through the cracks sometimes). I hope the one you eventually get will be absolutely perfect!

Is there anything else wrong with the bag? Just the lock and key? I would see if they could just send you a new lock/key combo rather than a whole new bag. Just a thought. I bought my Speedy B 30 in the store and my SA put my lock on for me but I saw her take it out of the box. She said she always likes to do this for her customers and she used a cloth while she was putting it on so as not to add fingerprints. CONGRATS by the way! Looks great on you!

OK thanks everyone for confirming that the inside pocket does not have a zipper... but the lock and key came attached to the zipper and the lock is all scratched up and finger print all over it..

I just opened two new locks I had gotten brand new a few months back...still in boxes...they've oxidized and have teeny little prints on them and they are brand spanking new...just happens I guess. Doesn't bother me...just wipe clean. Your LV Speedy B 35 is totally fab btw! Congrats.:smile:

Just read...are you going to exchange the bag??? Should've read all the way though before I posted?

Kathy,

Nothing is wrong with the bag.. and yes just the lock.. the fact that the lock is messed up make me suspect that I am getting a return.. not a truly brand new bag.. so Yes I am exchanging.. I love this bag already..

Is there anything else wrong with the bag? Just the lock and key? I would see if they could just send you a new lock/key combo rather than a whole new bag. Just a thought. I bought my Speedy B 30 in the store and my SA put my lock on for me but I saw her take it out of the box. She said she always likes to do this for her customers and she used a cloth while she was putting it on so as not to add fingerprints. CONGRATS by the way! Looks great on you!

Kathy,

Nothing is wrong with the bag.. and yes just the lock.. the fact that the lock is messed up make me suspect that I am getting a return.. not a truly brand new bag.. so Yes I am exchanging.. I love this bag already..

OP...I think that another poster just thinks that there is a fingerprint on the lock as they at LV put the lock on for you as a courtesy and forgot to wipe it off. Doubt it's a return and I'd keep the bag. Doubt there has been enough time to turn around return bags yet with this new on the market. Now the next one you get may well be a return. Good luck.