Reveal: my first Kate Spade, a Minka!!

I love it! I have a nylon KS that is almost identical in shape/size. I understand about the "more structured" part. I wish mine didn't flop around if it is almost empty. Luckily my toddler needs cups/snacks so it stands pretty well. LOL!!
The leather is really fluffy and soft, however it does get quite heavy when I have more stuff inside.
I can't imagine the bag in nylon.. especially the flap part, it may not fold or close properly

the minka is soo pretty!
Thanks. It's really pretty and functional, I use it more than my Balenciaga Part Time now. The short handle is not so comfortable to wear on the shoulder for long period of time though, and the other draw back is, the magnetic closure is actually not that strong in comparison to those on my MJ bags..

I got a lil Minka!! :P
I like my (standard) Minka but feel that its a bit big and wanted a medium small size bag then I saw this, dark african violet color on ebay! (I really like this style, sold my MJ lil Ukita for this) I didn't know they have it in purple - I think it's a FW 2013 color? It was an auction and I bid for it and no one else was interested in it and I got it!! :biggrin:
I have been waiting for this baby since 6 June (I checked everyday to see if anyone else bid on it, then waited for the auction to end, waited for the seller to ship it, waited for it to arrive.. oh man!!) ~ so here she is!! (sorry she looks blue here, my camera just wouldn't pick up the color)

Attachments

• purple minka.JPG
    purple minka.JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 270
Hey everyone-- this is my first post and my first Kate Spade purchase! I took advantage of the wonderful sale on katespade.com and ordered the Little Minka in French Navy (which is a gorgeous, versatile color which is now sold out).

I ordered this as a final sale item and everything looked great, but on closer inspection (I am a perfectionist), I noticed that on one side of the short shoulder strap, the D-ring metal hardware did not get connected to the fabric reinforcement that gives the bag extra strength (it is virtually hidden inside the D-ring attachment site underneath the sturdier leather). Sorry I couldn't describe this better- I can try posting a picture tomorrow if anyone would like more clarification.

Does anyone think this is a big deal that would jeopardize the durability of my bag? Or-- is this covered by Kate Spade's warranty? I think this is an easy fix since the D-ring closure isn't shut all the way, so I can try to slip the fabric into the closure if I play with the bag a little, but I don't want to scratch the leather. Has anyone else experienced this minor (but frustrating) problem with their bag?? Please help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am new to Kate Spade!

Hey everyone-- this is my first post and my first Kate Spade purchase! I took advantage of the wonderful sale on katespade.com and ordered the Little Minka in French Navy (which is a gorgeous, versatile color which is now sold out).

I ordered this as a final sale item and everything looked great, but on closer inspection (I am a perfectionist), I noticed that on one side of the short shoulder strap, the D-ring metal hardware did not get connected to the fabric reinforcement that gives the bag extra strength (it is virtually hidden inside the D-ring attachment site underneath the sturdier leather). Sorry I couldn't describe this better- I can try posting a picture tomorrow if anyone would like more clarification.

Does anyone think this is a big deal that would jeopardize the durability of my bag? Or-- is this covered by Kate Spade's warranty? I think this is an easy fix since the D-ring closure isn't shut all the way, so I can try to slip the fabric into the closure if I play with the bag a little, but I don't want to scratch the leather. Has anyone else experienced this minor (but frustrating) problem with their bag?? Please help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am new to Kate Spade!

Why don't you call customer service and explain? Take a picture and email it to them too....see what they have to say...that bag is truly gorgeous!