Reveal: my first Kate Spade, a Minka!!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all, well, I'm usually at the Bal forum. This is my first KS bag, I've been looking for a work bag as an alternate to my Bal Part Time. When I saw my friend's little Minka I thought it looked nice and practical. I didn't think I'd want it though as it looked like a hybrid of my MJ Natasha and Ukita (both of these bags are kinda small for my everyday use). When I found out that little Minka has a big sister, the standard Minka, I just had to get it - it has a cross-body strap, a shoulder strap, a zipper "hidden" compartment, a large main compartment that can fit a letter/A4 size folder, it's soft and slouchy but has a structured look when stuffed. It seems perfect in everywhere~ so... here it is~
    It's much more slouchier than I had thought~ I also hope it can be my travel companion!
    Oh, despite having the same width as my Bal City (at 15"), it's definitely bigger than the City!

Attached Files:

2. Ooooh you did get the full-sized minka! She's so beautiful. I love the leather on this line.

3. Beautiful!!! Congrats!!

4. beautiful bag, I love slouchy bags!

5. Love it!

6. Thanks~
    but seems there's some flaws on the leather. The leather on the front panel have many tiny pinched mark, which make the leather not as smooth to the touch. The rest of the bag is ok.. but well, I thought I'll still keep it. It's not bothering me THAT much yet

Attached Files:

7. Thank you all~ I was hoping it to be more structured. Well, still loving it

8. My standard Minka and my friend's little Minka side by side.. hope this is helpful for those who are considering this bag and would like to see the size comparison :smile:

Attached Files:

9. Love the color!

10. thank you, really helpfull on sizing - the black leather looks wonderfull

11. Where did you get this size ? I cant find it online or in a store . Please, do tell . Thank you :biggrin:

12. Oh my .. I'm sorry I have misread your message.. lol.. silly me.
    I got it off ebay. Try search for large Minka. There were 3 large black Minka and this was the only one that would ship internationally. I think there are a couples on Bonanza too. They're new with tag but pre-owned. :smile:

13. I love it! I have a nylon KS that is almost identical in shape/size. I understand about the "more structured" part. I wish mine didn't flop around if it is almost empty. Luckily my toddler needs cups/snacks so it stands pretty well. LOL!!

14. Wearing my Minka with a flora dress

Attached Files: