Reveal!! My first Bbag :)

kaits33

Aug 4, 2010
I have a feeling there may be an addiction in the making after my first purchase:graucho:

Ready for a reveal?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 819
  • image_1.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 818
Ardoise City! Purchased new and unused from AFF. (Didn't even take the tag off yet!)I stalked this color through posts on the forum and fell in love with its blue/gray shade. The color is really hard to catch, especially on my phone. I'll try to take better pics later!

The leather feels really soft, am very happy about that. :biggrin: I really think this color will go with so many outfits.

I have read so many posts and know there are so many opinions about treating bags but anyone with Ardoise have any opinions to add? I have Apple Rain and Stain Repellant and Apple Leather Care. I am paranoid of this color yellowing/fading and the edges wearing. If any Ardoise owning ladies can tell me how this bag wears over time I'd appreciate it!

And with all that said, my next bal is going to be an old school one. Thanks for letting me share!

Attachments

• image_2.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 812
  • image_3.jpeg
    image_3.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 808
  • image_4.jpeg
    image_4.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 818
Congratulations on your first Bal! I own a Day Anthracite, which is greyish/ blueish/greenish kind of color, and I have treated it with Leather Honey. It is a great product! Leather gets darker at first, but when it dries it looks wonderful! There are several threads about LH products, so definitely check those out.

Love your City!

I have a feeling there may be an addiction in the making after my first purchase:graucho:

Ready for a reveal?
Congrats on the first purchase!! I have an ardoise velo but city in ardoise is beautiful. Seriously, I'd strongly suggest that you use apple guard or miracle shield on it before you taking it out for serious use. My ardoise has yellowing problem, its really sad, unfortunately i had no experience with light color bal, didnt treat it at all and now its too late to revive its original color.
Enjoy your bag nonetheless

Ardoise is a beautiful blue. Congrats!

I'd personally stay away from putting Apple products on a lighter blue bag. IMO it tends to make them yellow. I'm pretty sure that is what happened with my '09 Ciel bag that yellowed immediately upon purchase and even before being carried. I've have my Ardoise for 2 yrs. now and it has not yellowed. I have not put anything on it because of my past experience. If I ever do it will only be the Leather Honey like Honeylicious mentioned. (PS - do not put LH on RM bags :smile:! - baaaad experience!)

Thanks for all the love for my first purchase! Ladies on the Bal forum are so sweet and full of knowledge that helped me decide what to get...plus you all carry the bags so gorgeously! :smile:

Ardoise is a beautiful blue. Congrats!

I'd personally stay away from putting Apple products on a lighter blue bag. IMO it tends to make them yellow. I'm pretty sure that is what happened with my '09 Ciel bag that yellowed immediately upon purchase and even before being carried. I've have my Ardoise for 2 yrs. now and it has not yellowed. I have not put anything on it because of my past experience. If I ever do it will only be the Leather Honey like Honeylicious mentioned. (PS - do not put LH on RM bags :smile:! - baaaad experience!)

Thanks Magjes, you are like the guru of all things purse related! I was reading older posts about this issue but couldn't find anything recent so thanks for the tip. This was the most I've spent on a bag and I was looking at UV spray and a bunch of other stuff because I'm paranoid. :P But after your experience, I think I will just get the leather honey. I will have to read the techniques people use to apply. And thanks for the head's up on not using on RM. I wouldn't of guessed that! Sounds like it ruined one of your beauties :nogood:

Congratulations on your first Bal! I own a Day Anthracite, which is greyish/ blueish/greenish kind of color, and I have treated it with Leather Honey. It is a great product! Leather gets darker at first, but when it dries it looks wonderful! There are several threads about LH products, so definitely check those out.

Love your City!

Thanks dolali! I am going to go ahead and get the Leather Honey. I read great things about it, but will have to read up on the best way to apply. Anthracite is such a gorgeous color...that was what I was going to get but when this one popped up I really wanted to jump on it. :graucho: