Reveal!! My first Bbag :)

Agree with magjes. Dont mess with the body of the bag. I would put something like shine restore on the corners though. Just a tiny bit. I never touch the leather but have put this on the corners. It's like a shield...maybe a tad plastic but the piping isn't the same as the body of the bag.

Agree with magjes. Dont mess with the body of the bag. I would put something like shine restore on the corners though. Just a tiny bit. I never touch the leather but have put this on the corners. It's like a shield...maybe a tad plastic but the piping isn't the same as the body of the bag.

Thanks Maxx! I want to protect it but don't want to ruin it by putting a bunch of products on it so thanks for your advice. I am going to look at getting shine restore. This sounds silly but how much do you use and what technique did you use? Did you just apply it to the very small areas where the bag would actually rest on a surface or do you do the entire corner? Sorry for all the questions. I searched on here and the only info I could really get is to use very little. TIA!

Thanks Maxx! I want to protect it but don't want to ruin it by putting a bunch of products on it so thanks for your advice. I am going to look at getting shine restore. This sounds silly but how much do you use and what technique did you use? Did you just apply it to the very small areas where the bag would actually rest on a surface or do you do the entire corner? Sorry for all the questions. I searched on here and the only info I could really get is to use very little. TIA!

I put one drop on a sponge. I used a triangular makeup sponge. Then I squished the sponge together to squish the drop into the sponge. Making the amount of product very thin. Then I dabbed the sponge on the exact point where the corner makes its turn.....the middle of the curve. And I dabbed out from that point about 1/2 inch on either side. I am gentle with my bags so maybe someone else would do more. I used one coat. Each corner got one drop on the sponge. I hung the (empty) bag by the handles overnight.

Congrats on the first purchase!! I have an ardoise velo but city in ardoise is beautiful. Seriously, I'd strongly suggest that you use apple guard or miracle shield on it before you taking it out for serious use. My ardoise has yellowing problem, its really sad, unfortunately i had no experience with light color bal, didnt treat it at all and now its too late to revive its original color.
Enjoy your bag nonetheless

Thanks for the tip Honeylicious, and I'm sorry about your Velo! I just ordered Shine Restore for the edges and about to order Honey Leather to condition it. How has the leather itself worn over time (besides the yellowing)? Do you still like the look of it despite the issue you've had with it? I really love the color and want to keep it just curious what your thoughts are! :smile:

I put one drop on a sponge. I used a triangular makeup sponge. Then I squished the sponge together to squish the drop into the sponge. Making the amount of product very thin. Then I dabbed the sponge on the exact point where the corner makes its turn.....the middle of the curve. And I dabbed out from that point about 1/2 inch on either side. I am gentle with my bags so maybe someone else would do more. I used one coat. Each corner got one drop on the sponge. I hung the (empty) bag by the handles overnight.

Thanks so much for detailing the process for me, I really appreciate it! I went ahead and ordered it because you made me less nervous about putting it on my bag. :smile:

Thanks for the tip Honeylicious, and I'm sorry about your Velo! I just ordered Shine Restore for the edges and about to order Honey Leather to condition it. How has the leather itself worn over time (besides the yellowing)? Do you still like the look of it despite the issue you've had with it? I really love the color and want to keep it just curious what your thoughts are! :smile:

I ADORED the color, as many described it as "baby elephant" color, lol, don't ask me why. Everyone said the color was beautiful. I wished I had done more research about taking care light color Bal, now it's very much duller and more gray than blue. The leather has seasoned well, the distressed on the leather is beautiful, soft as well. Yes, the discoloring has put me off, I'm selling it - another reason being the Velo style, though I love how slouchy it is, I find it hard to fit my stuff in there.
Do read more on the maintenance and care thread on protecting your Bal, I'm no expert in this. It's good to treat your bag monthly, especially the handles. enjoy your lovely bag~ ;)