Reveal: Matte Mandarin LM Midi!

Moonstarr

O.G.
Jan 4, 2007
I had a dream. When I had taken photos of my Matte Apple Green and Matte Dark Purple LM Midi's, I thought how awesome it would be to have a Matte Orange bag. My three favourite colours ... all in a row. So I asked Jackie if next time she was sourcing leathers she could see if they had any matte orange available. Jackie came through (thanks Jackie! :flowers:) and I could make my bag dream come true.

Just this past week I received my Matte Mandarin LM Midi and I have to say ... it's gorgeous! Now, at first when I took it out of the box in the florescent kitchen lights it looked like a reddish/orange and I thought "it's nice, maybe not the colour I was expecting and it didn't wow me", but when I took it outside in natural light I could see how juicy and stunning it was. It's a very bright orange, not as wearable as say the Balenciaga Mandarin (I'll include a comparison shot below incase anyone is interested), but it's a truly gorgeous pop of colour. The more I've used it, the more I love it. I think I do need to be more careful with this colour since it is very bright (than the Bal Mandarin) to make sure it doesn't clash with anything I wear. I think it will go great though with blacks, browns, grey's and blues.

It looks like this leather is still available on BEC is anyone is interested.

As for the leather ... it's not as velvety as the purple mattes, but still does have some velvety texture to it, but I don't find mine dry.

I was having some issues with my camera so some of the photos aren't as clear as I'd like, but most of them turned out fairly good.

In Natural Light ...
attachment.php

attachment.php

With Flash ...

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

The close up of the leather is with no flash.

Coming up next ... comparison shot with Bal Mandarin and my trinity of LM Midi's in my three favourite colours!

Attachments

• Mandarin Front.jpg
    Mandarin Front.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 1,470
  • Mandarin Front_1.jpg
    Mandarin Front_1.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 988
  • Mandarin_back.jpg
    Mandarin_back.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 320
  • Mandarin Lining.jpg
    Mandarin Lining.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 776
  • Mandarin Close.jpg
    Mandarin Close.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 949
Here is the comparison shot with the Bal Mandarin. This photo is blurry, but my camera was giving me such issues I was getting tired to trying to get a good shot.

attachment.php

And my trinity :love:

Photo with flash (this is the Mandarin Matte with the Apple Green Matte and Dark Purple Matte)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Comparison.jpg
    Comparison.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 319
  • Trinity.jpg
    Trinity.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 1,081
It's gorgy moonstarr! I got my mandarin matte LM Mini too and I actually find it a "better" orange (if there is such a thing) than the Bal Mandarine. We have the exact same combination - purple lining and silver hardware, except that mine is the smaller sister to your bag.

I'm happy that the leather is nice and thick, and not dry like the tan (the only other matte BE I've purchased).

I love your photos - they really show off the beauty of this bag. And your collection is awesome!

YAY! I was just saying I want to see more reveals. I love your orange LM Midi. Every time I see the two zips, I have to wonder why Jackie doesn't make it standard. That style rocks!

Also, your avatar is an amazing pic. Those colors look perfect together.

DAMN DAMN DAMN, woman!! You have outdone yourself!! :yes: :tup: :yes:

I love orange bags to death, and this one if one of the best I have EVER seen!! :drool: (x10)

What a true pleasure to see your pix -- I have been waiting for this bag, and it certainly didn't disappoint! My future mandarine bag will hopefully be half as gorgeous. And it looks fabulous with the silver HW. :tender: