Reveal: I've met perfection! (Bonus: Family Portrait)

JazzyMac

Jazzy says, "buy the bag".
O.G.
Aug 22, 2013
So far, I think I've been one of the lucky ones in the Chanel "chase it" world. Every bag I've searched for, I've either found, or found something even better in replacement. They all fit a wonderful purpose, and are so luxurious, I smile every time I wear one.

My most recent acquisition is based on my search for a red purse that's low-key enough to carry around during the day, but has elements of fancy for a casual date. This search and retrieval made me hit a wall: I got a bit tired of looking for bags. I just want to look pretty wearing them!

I looked at the meat pack mini, and the chevron. I honestly loved the hardware from the meat pack: An antique gold hardware. But, I wasn't a fan of the extra packing and the hype. Does a bag truly need to be in so-called meat wrapping? :huh:

The chevron had the bling factor, which didn't bug me as much as me thinking it would always look too dressy. But hey, I only live once, and over dressing never killed anyone.

Enough of the babble, here's my reveal!

Chanel Burgundy Chevron Mini with shiny gold hardware. And it's a beauty!

Last photo is her with her big sis, the Boy WOC in Black Patent.

Attachments

• Jazzy's Bags_1300.jpg
    Jazzy's Bags_1300.jpg
    986.9 KB · Views: 4,629
  • Jazzy's Bags_1301.jpg
    Jazzy's Bags_1301.jpg
    642.5 KB · Views: 4,587
  • Jazzy's Bags_1311.jpg
    Jazzy's Bags_1311.jpg
    777.3 KB · Views: 4,555
  • Jazzy's Bags_1313.jpg
    Jazzy's Bags_1313.jpg
    772.5 KB · Views: 4,546
During my last reveal, someone asked about the chain on my reissue, so I made sure to take a couple of photos of the chain on this beautiful mini. I've noticed the chain is thinner and lighter than both the WOC and the reissue. Possibly to assist with weight distribution, but my initial thoughts were that it didn't match with the size and weight of the bag. However, I'm sure the thinner chain is for the better.

Attachments

• Jazzy's Bags_1306.jpg
    Jazzy's Bags_1306.jpg
    914.7 KB · Views: 4,591
  • Jazzy's Bags_1307.jpg
    Jazzy's Bags_1307.jpg
    793.8 KB · Views: 4,557
So far, I think I've been one of the lucky ones in the Chanel "chase it" world. Every bag I've searched for, I've either found, or found something even better in replacement. They all fit a wonderful purpose, and are so luxurious, I smile every time I wear one.

My most recent acquisition is based on my search for a red purse that's low-key enough to carry around during the day, but has elements of fancy for a casual date. This search and retrieval made me hit a wall: I got a bit tired of looking for bags. I just want to look pretty wearing them!

I looked at the meat pack mini, and the chevron. I honestly loved the hardware from the meat pack: An antique gold hardware. But, I wasn't a fan of the extra packing and the hype. Does a bag truly need to be in so-called meat wrapping? :huh:

The chevron had the bling factor, which didn't bug me as much as me thinking it would always look too dressy. But hey, I only live once, and over dressing never killed anyone.

Enough of the babble, here's my reveal!

Chanel Burgundy Chevron Mini with shiny gold hardware. And it's a beauty!

Last photo is her with her big sis, the Boy WOC in Black Patent.

Congrats! She's an amazing bag with a beautiful colour. Do you know whether it came in any other sizes?

Instagram @julzing

While I'm busy blabbering, a note about Bergdorf Goodman's customer service. I don't live in New York...to be honest, sometimes I'm not even sure *where* I live, since I'm bouncing states and countries so much! I enlisted the aid of wonderful tPFers to find this bag. It almost got to the point where I was so confused over what bag I wanted, from what store, and what SA's text. My eyes were crossed, and my brain was scrambled.

So I can imagine how confusing it would be for an SA constantly getting emails and texts over the many Precious Chanels from each customers' fancy. I keep this in mind any time I'm texting, calling, or emailing an SA.

In this particular case, the BG SA sent me the text of the mini flap photo. However, I wanted to get measurements, and see the inside as well. Anytime I texted him asking this information--and yes, I'm probably the most polite one would ever know when it comes to customer service--his answers were short, not applicable to the question, or came so late almost as if it were an afterthought.

I don't ask for extra photos unless I'm ready to purchase, i.e., don't test drive if you're not buying the car. So when I asked for photos, and he sent me a photo of a black bag I was not even remotely interested in, I politely asked him about the chevron. His answer, "same bag/measurements". The text conversation continued in that realm. Short answers, or borderline rude. By now I should have told him to kick rocks and moved on, but I had few options. I could try and accost the duty free Chanel stores wherever I traveled, or try my hand at Neiman Marcus. I just wasn't a fan of the "purchase via gift cards" method. Too much extra work and pain. But maybe worth it?

I'm feeling like the used girlfriend at this point and literally pissed. I was just getting over the so-called Bottega Veneta "fiasco", and I was a bit tired of sucky customer service. I give the SA my payment information...but keep in mind, he hasn't answered any of my questions up to this point, nor sent the photos I've asked about. I pretty much felt like an idiot.

So finally, I told him, in a text message that his customer service sucked. I didn't curse or call him names, but said that even if I were purchasing Chanel shoelaces, I should be receiving better service and he should take measures to overcome the difficulties of doing business over text.

I thought he would ignore that particular semi-rant I sent him, but instead, he apologized.

Apologized! Whoah.

All was better after that. I was almost stunned. It made receiving my bag so much better. He even double boxed the bag. It had the normal shoebox that the mini came in, but over it was the magnetic box with ribbon and camellia. Honestly I don't care about those things, but it was a nice touch and I didn't get an air of any hard feelings.

Here are a few family photos.

- Chanel 2.55 Reissue Flap, 225 Aged Calf Bronze Leather, Antique Gold Hardware
- Chanel Boy WOC, Black Patent, Dark Silver/Ruthenium Hardware
- Chanel Mini Flap, Burgundy Chevron, Gold Hardware
- Chanel Wallet (not sure of the name) Caviar Leather, Silver Hardware

Attachments

• Jazzy's Bags_1330.jpg
    Jazzy's Bags_1330.jpg
    702.4 KB · Views: 4,313
  • Jazzy's Bags_1326.jpg
    Jazzy's Bags_1326.jpg
    887.5 KB · Views: 4,342
  • Jazzy's Bags_1316.jpg
    Jazzy's Bags_1316.jpg
    829.1 KB · Views: 4,384
Congrats! She's an amazing bag with a beautiful colour. Do you know whether it came in any other sizes?

Instagram @julzing

Thank you so much! Yep, in quite a few boutiques I saw the jumbo version. I'm not certain it was jumbo, but it was pretty big in comparison. I saw the bigger sizes way more than I saw the mini.

Here are some size comparison shots. With sensible packing and planning, any of these purses can be your "go to". Since this was my first mini, I of course did so much research on the forums over what could fit and the size dimensions, etc. I keep seeing that the mini fits what the WOC fits, but I would beg to differ.

The mini will not fit your kitchen sink, but it's definitely the perfect "go bag", with more room than the WOC, and enough space to tuck your lip glosses for a night out.

I'm keeping my WOC because it's fancier for formal or dressy occasions. But if I were to choose between say a black caviar WOC or black caviar mini, I would choose the mini. The options are endless and the choice is yours!

The photo with the mini open has my LV Zippy Coin Pouch in Amarante, and my iPhone 5 in a Mophie battery case. There is still room to add sunglasses, lip gloss, small case of meds, and maybe more for the tetris savvy. I probably wouldn't use the ZCP in my mini, and would opt for say maybe using my Dogon insert pouch instead, but just showing how it can fit. I'm also awaiting the iPhone 6 Plus, but according to the youtube videos and dimensions, I'm sure I won't have a problem fitting that one either.

Attachments

• Jazzy's Bags_1334.jpg
    Jazzy's Bags_1334.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,340
  • Jazzy's Bags_1335.jpg
    Jazzy's Bags_1335.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,244
  • Jazzy's Bags_1336.jpg
    Jazzy's Bags_1336.jpg
    814 KB · Views: 4,090
  • Jazzy's Bags_1339.jpg
    Jazzy's Bags_1339.jpg
    781.9 KB · Views: 4,025
I love your collection! Congratulations on that gorgeous mini! If you don't mind me asking, where were you able to find it? I think chevron minis are so special :smile: