Reveal: Gucci Bamboo Shopper!

Elaine, I don't think the bag is too big at all. The modeling pictures look amazing!! The color is absolutely gorgeous! I can't believe how much it holds. Congrats!!

Thank you so much, bama_gucci! I'm crazy about the color… I can't believe that they only made it as a seasonal. But I guess that's the whole point of seasonals, right? To make a yummy color, and watch all of us snap it up? :biggrin:

I also like that it's lined with fabric, instead of leather. It makes the bag a lot lighter. I probably should have taken a shot of the interior, but it's lined with what looks like linen, and it's a very, very pale cream. So I'll have to be careful not to get it dirty. But I keep all my purse possessions in pouches, nothing "loose," so I should be fine. (Gosh, am I babying my new bag… just a little? :lol:)

Here's what it looks like surrounded by my "stuff." The thing inside the bag is my iPad (with a Kate Spade cover), but of course when I actually carry the bag I turn it so it doesn't stick up… and it's a perfect fit. Apparently the large-size shopper can fit a laptop!

Attachments

• GR8.jpg
    GR8.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 589
As bama_gucci posted there's nothing wrong with babying your bag! Besides it's such a classic bag you want to keep using it for many years. Gucci has amazing quality - my bags from 2008 in regular rotation are still in excellent condition and I don't baby them at all. lol Heck, I put food in them...

Btw, great recent modeling pic - the shopper looks wonderful with your outfit and with the shortened strap it sits perfectly near the hip level.

Quote "So now I'm thinking this bag might be best either carried by the handles or just on the shoulder" quote

I should add in response to your query about it being carried like this on your shoulder. You will probably end up with a sore back. I had a LV noe bb (long strap) and I carried as a shoulder bag instead of crossbody. But because the weight of the bag was lower down and swayed around like a pedulumn I always ended up with a sore back because you end up leaning to one side because the weight is so low down.

Try doubling up the strap to shorten it so it sits up higher. To do this, undo the strap and attach both clips to the one ring (either front or back) and then loop the end without the buckle through the ring on the other side and now buckle up. So it looks something like this…. (although not a Gucci bag)...

Nice Burberry Crush you got there!

Nothing wrong with babying it. I baby all of mine. The first Gucci I bought is five years old now and still looks like new. You should get many, many years out of that bag.

As bama_gucci posted there's nothing wrong with babying your bag! Besides it's such a classic bag you want to keep using it for many years. Gucci has amazing quality - my bags from 2008 in regular rotation are still in excellent condition and I don't baby them at all. lol Heck, I put food in them...

Btw, great recent modeling pic - the shopper looks wonderful with your outfit and with the shortened strap it sits perfectly near the hip level.

Thanks, bama_gucci and GhstDreamer! I've only been buying designer bags for about a year, so this is all very new to me. Once I realized that I was "hooked," I set up a dedicated closet for my bag collection. Each bag is in a dust protector, and I stuff them with these handbag shapers, which I buy at The Container Store: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/closet/accessoryStorage/handbags?productId=10032637 . They aren't cheap (for sure!), but I love the way they keep my bags upright inside the dust bags. Besides, when you compare their price to the price of the bags, it's peanuts! :lol:

I do try to rotate my bags regularly (though, of course, I have favorites!), and I also am good about using a waterproofing product and (if necessary) a moisturizer on the leather. I adore the products from Lovin My Bags… Barbara can be slow to anwer email, but she always knows exactly which of her products goes on which of my bags. And she has never taken advantage of me; when I buy a new bag, she will often tell me that I can use a product I already own.

My goal is to have a small, but carefully-curated, collection, with examples from different good designers. To me, more is not better! I do own a number of Marc Jacobs bags (well, five) because he was the first designer I really got to know. But now I'm branching out to other designers. I bought a Balenciaga Town bag a few months ago, and next October when The Hubster & I go up to San Francisco I plan to try on a Bal City bag and see how it looks on me. I'm thinking it might be too large (15" across… yikes!) but I'm crazy about the colors it comes in! I also have my eye on the Proenza Schouler PS1 Tiny, which is a perfect size for me and very different from anything else in my collection, but again I'm waiting until the fall colors come out. And if I don't care for those colors, I may get it in their year-round color Smoke, which is a very pretty taupe-y neutral (see below).

In the meantime, I'm just having a blast carrying around my Gucci ;) !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 6.06.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-25 at 6.06.52 PM.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 496
Congrats on the bag! Its so lovely i want one too. It definitely doesn't look big on you, its perfect!

Thanks for the moral support, ujili! I carried it around town on errands all day yesterday, and it felt great. The more I use it, the more I agree with you that it's the right size for me. I think the leather is softening up a little bit, so it's developing a very slight "slouch"… which I love! And that makes the bag sort of conform to the shape of my hip a little bit better.

I've just always been so conscious of carrying small bags, because I'm small… but I think I've been limiting myself a bit too much. I mean, I'll never own a big honking bag, but really, nobody would call the Medium Shopper "gigundo"! :biggrin:

Thanks for the moral support, ujili! I carried it around town on errands all day yesterday, and it felt great. The more I use it, the more I agree with you that it's the right size for me. I think the leather is softening up a little bit, so it's developing a very slight "slouch"… which I love! And that makes the bag sort of conform to the shape of my hip a little bit better.

I've just always been so conscious of carrying small bags, because I'm small… but I think I've been limiting myself a bit too much. I mean, I'll never own a big honking bag, but really, nobody would call the Medium Shopper "gigundo"! :biggrin:

You're welcome! The bag looks great on you and the leather definitely looks slouchy which is what most gucci leather is these days and i love it! That bag is perfect and not gigantic at all!

I store mine very cautiously as well. All in dust bags of course. I need to look into those shapers especially for my Bostons. I started out carrying Coach. I bought my first Gucci on vacation in Rome. What better way to commemorate a trip? That first led to all the others in my signature, not my initial plan. LOL. I mainly focus on Gucci, but there's a few other designers I want in my collection one day...Chanel, Hermes just to name a few.

I store mine very cautiously as well. All in dust bags of course. I need to look into those shapers especially for my Bostons. I started out carrying Coach. I bought my first Gucci on vacation in Rome. What better way to commemorate a trip? That first led to all the others in my signature, not my initial plan. LOL. I mainly focus on Gucci, but there's a few other designers I want in my collection one day...Chanel, Hermes just to name a few.

I'll want to hear what you think of the shapers! It takes some figuring out, to see how best to use them. It's not always obvious what the best size is. Sometimes, I find it best to use 2 or 3 of the small size instead of 1 of the medium (or large) size. I just keep a few of each on hand… but that can get expensive! Right now, though, they are on sale. I've just stocked up, figuring that I'll always be buying new bags in the future! :biggrin:

Rome is a wonderful place to buy your first Gucci! A fabulous "souvenir"… to say the least!

Have you ever heard of a brand called Pierotucci? They are a leather factory in Florence that mostly make bags for companies like Ferragamo, but they also carry their own line that they sell to the public. If you visit Florence, they give you a factory tour which ends up… surprise!… in their shop. But you can also order long-distance from the U.S., which is what I did last fall. I bought this bag, which I love, but I haven't worn it yet because I think of cream as a "spring" color and it arrived at the end of October. I look forward to pulling it out this month, tying one of my Gucci scarves on the handle, and heading out the door, with Italian opera on my playlist :smile:!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 5.55.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 5.55.39 PM.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 493
I'll have to order some of the shapers soon. It will be interesting to see how well they work. The flagship store in Rome is amazing! I haven't heard of that brand, but that bag and color are gorgeous!! You'll have to take a pic of it with the scarf when you take it out.