Reveal from QM2 Boutique

Jun 23, 2007
A very disappointing shop, for sure. Very little stock; just a few AW 2010 scarves. One GM cashmere and mouselline. Some little mousellines of indeterministic shape or size, as they have been twisted and knotted on head forms forever. But, I managed to find this lovely bracelet and tote bag.
attachment.php

Attachments

• bracelet.jpg
    bracelet.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 646
I forgot how to preview and not send. I wasn't done yet. Yes. We just came back from a Caribbean cruise. Yes my skin is white. But, not quite as white as it looks in the photo. The bracelet appears to be Rouge H in box. Nobody in the boutique knew anything about anything. It appears that H doesn't even know the boutique is still there. One SA left the ship yesterday and the new SA didn't know a Twilly from a silk jersey. I mean, I walked into the shop the first day wearing a jersey and he said, "is that a Hermes?" (pronounced the "H") and I asked if he was joking. It was his first day. I took pity on him and tried to impart some knowledge. I have a lot of images on my phone, so I did teach him a few things.
Okay, on to the other purchase. This tote, an impossibly expensive heavy duty canvas number is beautiful. At the boutique price of $565, a hysterical price indeed. On the last day when all of the junk that doesn't sell at the daily junk sale (yes, the Queen Mary 2 does that, also) these totes showed up (all but the orange ones, still $565) at $116. So, I bought one.
There is an H label inside and the snaps have H logos. There are two inside pockets. Nice tote. It actually stands on it's own.
By the way, the hat is a Picardie which I purchased from H.com before we left for the trip. It is a very wearable hat and I wore it every time we got off the ship.

Attachments

• bag1.jpg
    bag1.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 169
You did better than I did! They had nada on the QEII years ago when I took her for a trans-Pacific crossing. Not one little pochette!

It's a cute little bag for summer and the price was right!

BBL, I'm surprised they didn't give you a lovely gift just for the consulting service you provided! :P

The "Floating H Boutique that the Mothership forgot." This is rib-ticklingly funny to me.

Glad you had an interesting trip. :biggrin: