Reveal! Fendi blueberry spy and fendi baby spy in cognac

ginaki

ginaki + bags = love
O.G.
Sep 12, 2010
Hello lovely ladies!

Just two days ago I received my very first fendis!

A fendi spy in blueberry and a fendi cognac baby spy from lovehandbags. I could not decide between the two, so I went for both!

I will post some pics and also ask your opinion, as experienced spy owners! I have already post some at the authentication thread and the authenticators kindly gave me some advice.

First, the blueberry spy

http://img140.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=0170f.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pictures. I have seen here that the leather in spies show usually signs of discoloration and wear around the corners or at the bottom of the handles. The auction pictures did not show this, and also even my pics don't show it very well (especially at the corners), but I tried to capture it. I was a little bit disappointed when I saw it because maybe in my mind I had an almost perfect spy, as new! Baglady told me that these signs as usual and I could apply some leather condiotioner in order to bring back the colour. If you have some experience ladies, please help me! And how the condition of this spy look to your experienced eye?

And now, the cognac baby spy!

This one is in very good condition, with minimal signs of wear. Bought from lovehandbags. Here it is

http://img690.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=01660.jpg

The only thing to notice -and I need your opinion-, is that on one handle, there are the three knots in a row, but the three knots on the bottom part of the handle are missing! Baglady suggested that this might buy an error during manufacture. The handle is in great condition, does not seem that there were knots but came undone. I was thinking to return it, but on the other hand fendi baby spies is rare to find, especially in such a great condition.
Have you ever seen a spy with this lack of knots on one or more handles?
Would it bother you?

Your opinions would be priceless for me!

Hello!

Opinions appreciated please!
I sent my blueberry spy (photos above) to artbag, after I have contacted them through emails and they told me that they can male my bag look a lot better!
There are some signs of wear at the corners and some discoloration, especially at the bottom of the handles.
Yesterday I received the answer from them, which is:

I have received your Fendi bag for repair. The price to clean, dye the edges and polish the bag is $175.00USD plus $45.00USD return shipping and handling.
In addition, the handles of the bag are a different color that the rest of the bag. I will not change either color,however, I will improve the appearance. The best way to effect payment is to send a money order or wire through Western Union.

Thank you

Is this price high? What do you think?
Also, I have never used these methods to send money before, and I am a little bit worry...

Hello lovely ladies!

Just two days ago I received my very first fendis!

A fendi spy in blueberry and a fendi cognac baby spy from lovehandbags. I could not decide between the two, so I went for both!

I will post some pics and also ask your opinion, as experienced spy owners! I have already post some at the authentication thread and the authenticators kindly gave me some advice.

First, the blueberry spy

http://img140.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=0170f.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pictures. I have seen here that the leather in spies show usually signs of discoloration and wear around the corners or at the bottom of the handles. The auction pictures did not show this, and also even my pics don't show it very well (especially at the corners), but I tried to capture it. I was a little bit disappointed when I saw it because maybe in my mind I had an almost perfect spy, as new! Baglady told me that these signs as usual and I could apply some leather condiotioner in order to bring back the colour. If you have some experience ladies, please help me! And how the condition of this spy look to your experienced eye?

I love that bag! So beautiful!!!:smile:

Congrats!!! I have the blueberry Spy and it is my HG!!! I love how versatile the color is!! It is one of the most fabulous colors Fendi has come out with, in my opinion. Yes, the bag is in near mint condition, but it does show some very, very minor rubbing on the leather loop, near the spy cap and on the trim where it rubs when you open/close the bag. It is unavoidable and very common with this style! I just try to be extra cautious when opening/closing the bag.

(Looks brighter with flash)

HPIM2200.JPG

HPIM1757.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you ladies for the good words!

I agree, the blueberry colour is so unique! Each one is different and beautiful and yummy in its own way!

JessieRose seeing yours, I fell in love with mine even more!

My blueberry spy has been safely sent to Artbag for a spa, to become even better! I decided to send it, as I bought it for a nice price and had some money left :smile:

I will post some pics wneh I'll have it back (to see the ''before'' and ''after'')!

Happy new year to all!!