Reveal Etiquette

BBC, I agree totally that sharing, and being an active participant in this community is kind of the point. But if you're not a member of the old guard/frequent posters, it might be a teeeny bit intimidating to show off your little pochette in a sea of CSGM reveals or, on the leather side, to be thrilled with your new calvi while someone has just posted a reveal of a new croc Birkin. I believe everyone is truly sincere when they share the pochette/calvi poster's joy, that is what it's all about after all, but I suspect when the community was a bit smaller and everyone 'knew' most everyone, it was a bit easier to just jump in. So 'thanks for letting me share' may be a way of trying to ease in to the flow. Just a thought....

As a newbie to this forum, I totally agree with a bit of a reluctance to share with so many of you that have breathtaking collections. My little additions are dwarfed in comparison! Hence, I haven't done a "reveal", just kinda "post and run" on an active thread.

What I love about BBC and textielgirl's comments are the recognition that without all you lovely ladies and gents that generously share, this forum would be quite dull. After all, who doesn't love some new eye-candy!! Plus, I can't even imagine how I would have learned so much without you all.

Thank you (for letting me share my humble opinion ;) )

BBC, I agree totally that sharing, and being an active participant in this community is kind of the point. But if you're not a member of the old guard/frequent posters, it might be a teeeny bit intimidating to show off your little pochette in a sea of CSGM reveals or, on the leather side, to be thrilled with your new calvi while someone has just posted a reveal of a new croc Birkin. I believe everyone is truly sincere when they share the pochette/calvi poster's joy, that is what it's all about after all, but I suspect when the community was a bit smaller and everyone 'knew' most everyone, it was a bit easier to just jump in. So 'thanks for letting me share' may be a way of trying to ease in to the flow. Just a thought....
Well said ttg! [emoji9]

As a newbie to this forum, I totally agree with a bit of a reluctance to share with so many of you that have breathtaking collections. My little additions are dwarfed in comparison! Hence, I haven't done a "reveal", just kinda "post and run" on an active thread.

What I love about BBC and textielgirl's comments are the recognition that without all you lovely ladies and gents that generously share, this forum would be quite dull. After all, who doesn't love some new eye-candy!! Plus, I can't even imagine how I would have learned so much without you all.

Thank you (for letting me share my humble opinion ;) )
I totally agree with this. In my 'real world' very few if any people get the excitement or why I would even contemplate getting my purchases. I can't wait to show someone who understands and coming here is amazing! My preowned bags are not as exciting as a brand new fresh out of the box reveal (or at least I imagine they're not) so I pop them onto the relevant threads and I'm thankful that at least someone out there understands and shares my excitement without thinking I'm showing off or conversely getting excited about nothing! Everyone here has been so supportive and lovely :smile:

I totally agree with this. In my 'real world' very few if any people get the excitement or why I would even contemplate getting my purchases. I can't wait to show someone who understands and coming here is amazing! My preowned bags are not as exciting as a brand new fresh out of the box reveal (or at least I imagine they're not) so I pop them onto the relevant threads and I'm thankful that at least someone out there understands and shares my excitement without thinking I'm showing off or conversely getting excited about nothing! Everyone here has been so supportive and lovely :smile:

You couldn't be more wrong; the best reveals are carefully sourced opportunities that were never expected; they have real joy and appreciation of what has been acquired.

Well, I usually wait for pages to accumulate until 10th-15th and then go straight to the last one. Usually, the photos and their numerous reposts apppear somewhere in that neighborhood after all the popcorn is long gone.
I am puzzled with the "thank you for letting me share" phrase after posting something. Sounds false and totally unnecessary.

I'm with you.

But the one that gets me is the and "here she is with rest of my humble collection" cue 20-50 exotic Bs/Ks/Cs SOs all in a bespoke M2M walk-in wardrobe with back-lit shelves.

It's not humble if you have more and better bags than the KKs all put together, and whatever your collection, it's not humble if you point out it's humble. That's not how humbleness works.

You couldn't be more wrong; the best reveals are carefully sourced opportunities that were never expected; they have real joy and appreciation of what has been acquired.

Preowned can sometimes be more exciting. I have personally hunted down and acquire bags that are no longer available for sale and once I get them it is a huge moment. When the bag is a work of art it does not matter if it is new, preowned or exotic.

Last edited:
Preowned can sometimes be more exciting. I have personally hunted down and acquire bags that are no longer available for sale and once I get them it is a huge moment. When the bag is a work of art it does not matter if it is new or preowned.

Yes; I think that's the only way to justify the price too.
They are works of art that can be admired for what they are disregarding any usefulness
They are beautiful artefacts created over many hours by a skilled artisan.

Reactions: SherwoodMom