Reveal: Cabat #7 -the Pied De Poule

Hi blueiris, Bryan didn't suggest a ferro/ottone karung so I just assumed it's out in that skin as well. I should check with him. He said he saw the Orchid in goatskin. I started wondering if dirt was going to show on the handles of that one! Wouldn't it be worse than the Lilac? Anyway, I promise to post pics when it arrives. Of the two I just think the Ferro is the better choice. I have a wallet in Ferro/Ottone Karung and had only used it once. Now I can't remember where I put it!! (I promptly forgot about it when I bought my BV Croc wallet in Fuschia!) Sigh...

Hi blueiris, Bryan didn't suggest a ferro/ottone karung so I just assumed it's out in that skin as well. I should check with him. He said he saw the Orchid in goatskin. I started wondering if dirt was going to show on the handles of that one! Wouldn't it be worse than the Lilac? Anyway, I promise to post pics when it arrives. Of the two I just think the Ferro is the better choice. I have a wallet in Ferro/Ottone Karung and had only used it once. Now I can't remember where I put it!! (I promptly forgot about it when I bought my BV Croc wallet in Fuschia!) Sigh...

In terms of wear, yes, I'd agree that ferro is probably a safer bet, color-wise, than orchid (I have no experience with how karung wears). I've only seen photos of ferro karung, but it does look fabulous and would also be a terrific addition to your existing collection. And I also agree that any dirt that shows on orchid would probably be more obvious than on lilac, because lilac is already smoky-looking while orchid is sort of bright.

Darn it, I thought I had put the lilac Cabat out of my head, and now I'm thinking about it again! Sheesh. I'm trying to hold out long enough to see what will be the new options for next early fall and fall/winter.

Your veneta must be the one Bryan was talking about!! I'd SO Ferro/Ottone in a hearbeat if the Ottone wasn't out! I am so glad YOU have it though! I can at least enjoy it vicariously.:graucho: Are the pics posted somewhere? Please check out my reply to your post on the mystery of the PO cabat!! So glad you started a thread on it!:yes:
I don't know if the ottone karung supply is exhausted, so it would not hurt to check. My veneta is karung throughout - and the pic is my avatar. I love SO's!!!

I don't know if the ottone karung supply is exhausted, so it would not hurt to check. My veneta is karung throughout - and the pic is my avatar. I love SO's!!!

You know, I thought "Could that avatar be the bag??" after I clicked "Submit Reply". I'm sorry, I'm a little slow on the uptake here. :sweatdrop: Absolutely Gorgeous!! Brilliant choice!

I have a vintage messanger in a "raspberry" color... I purchased it as a vintage, and I can tell you that even though it has not been worn much no rubbing or wearing... there is definite darkening on the bag... mainly on the edge of the strips. It is fine for a small vintage messenger (I personally think that it adds character - and it is a very cute little bag - though I seldom use little bags any more...), but I would not want that to be the case for a cabat or any higher priced bag. I do not know if orchid would darken in the same way, but since it is bright, any dulling or greying would change the character - maybe it would even be more lovely - who knows???

blueiris and baggiana, the Ottone in Karung is out! Oh well. I think the Ferro Karung will look great too. THe darkening of the handles is inevitable on light colored cabats no matther how careful you are unless you have scarves wrapped around the handles (a clever suggestion by doloresmia). Still, that's not an option for me. BTW, we've not solved the mystery yet! I forgot to ask Bryan about it!:shocked:

^Jellyblob, I think that a ferro karung cabat would be an amazing bag!!! - no ifs ands or buts!!! I have a ferro karung (maybe 2-3 years old) wallet that has aged beautifully, growing softer with heavy use (which it can take!), and showing no staining. It is a gorgeous skin!!! Not soft or smooth, but a real statement!

I am well on the way to solving the mystery - read the other thread... and I hope that maybe we can get BV to help us...