*REVEAL* Bicester 20% private sale loot and questions...

Smellyfeet

O.G.
Oct 20, 2007
Hi all!

So I went to Bicester today and nabbed an Alexa in soft croc print in dark blush for £612. I was never very keen on the plain regular Alexas. Sometimes I'll like it, sometimes I'll hate it. It was strange. But when I saw this, it was perfect in every way! The colour (my fave dusty pink), the print, the hardware! Ahhhh! I can't stop looking at it! The only issue how to take care of it...

Now, the questions...
Does anyone own this bag ... And how's it holding up?
I read somewhere there are quality issues with this print. What are people's thoughts?
I usually baby my bags but what can I do to make sure it doesn't start looking manky in 3 months? I've already sprayed it with colonil...

Thanks for letting me share and I'd appreciate it if you can help me out!

:smile:

Crappy camera phone doesn't do it justice!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400186268.739280.jpg

Hi all!

So I went to Bicester today and nabbed an Alexa in soft croc print in dark blush for £612. I was never very keen on the plain regular Alexas. Sometimes I'll like it, sometimes I'll hate it. It was strange. But when I saw this, it was perfect in every way! The colour (my fave dusty pink), the print, the hardware! Ahhhh! I can't stop looking at it! The only issue how to take care of it...

Now, the questions...
Does anyone own this bag ... And how's it holding up?
I read somewhere there are quality issues with this print. What are people's thoughts?
I usually baby my bags but what can I do to make sure it doesn't start looking manky in 3 months? I've already sprayed it with colonil...

Thanks for letting me share and I'd appreciate it if you can help me out!

:smile:

Crappy camera phone doesn't do it justice!
View attachment 2617886
Wow smellyfeet, your alexa is gorgeous & I love the rose gold hardware. I wish they used the rose gold hardware more.

I use the collonil gel on my avatar. I did find that when I wore it with jeans I got colour transfer on the bag but it came out when I put more gel on it. So best advice plenty of gel and use it.

Thanks all! I done some more research and looks like it can be a troublesome bag but don't regret it! Will look after it with some gel :smile:

She's absolutely gorgeous, Smellyfeet; congratulations!! :smile: I have the pebbled beige Lexi in the large silky snake print, also with the rose gold hardware, and she benefits from a good dose of Collonil gel to keep the scales smooth. Some will, inevitably, lift a bit (particularly the small scales) but she isn't as delicate as some might think,Mao don't worry about her too much ...

Your girl is a truly stunning colour! What a beauty! Enjoy her in good health!

She's absolutely gorgeous, Smellyfeet; congratulations!! :smile: I have the pebbled beige Lexi in the large silky snake print, also with the rose gold hardware, and she benefits from a good dose of Collonil gel to keep the scales smooth. Some will, inevitably, lift a bit (particularly the small scales) but she isn't as delicate as some might think,Mao don't worry about her too much ...

Your girl is a truly stunning colour! What a beauty! Enjoy her in good health!

Thank you Mayfly285! I think the pebbled beige silky snake is gorgeous too! How often do u gel her??

Thank you Mayfly285! I think the pebbled beige silky snake is gorgeous too! How often do u gel her??

Thank you! I'm quite rigorous with the spray, but only gel her sporadically - the corners, flap and handle need particular attention but I'm not obsessive with it. I'd do it before her first outing, if I were you. I then tend to do it before I pack her away for any length of time.

You have a fantastic colour there - she can complement any outfit from spring through autumn (and I'm sure she could sneak into winter, too!) ;)