Reveal and I need help!!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    Hi everyone,

Here's my dream bag, HAC 40 (Haut À Courroies). I was crazy and not thinking when I saw the bag and the it was getting really busy at the shop. I end up didn't check the bag before paying it. "I was like, It's HAC! I am definitely taking this. Its like Christmas comes once a year"

After I finally have time really look at the bag at home, I realised the bag comes in GHW and I started doubting. All my jewellery are silver and I don't have anything in gold. Also, I feel like PHW is younger and more for man. Not too sure if I am comfortable walking around with this GHW bag. I got my dreamish bag why am I not jumping for happiness lol (PHW HAC 40 was my dream).

What would you go for? GHW or PHW? and which do you think would suit guys more?

**For some reason the GHW doesn't look gold in the photo.

Attached Files:

2. I want to be honest with you, I much prefer guys with PHW. But of course only your thoughts matter. Can you return it? Where did you buy it?

3. I think it is very classic combination. I always prefer black with GHW :smile: my vote is to keep it :smile:

4. I'll be honest with you...I felt the same way but in reverse. I wanted GWH so badly but, I learned to love my PHW...it was what I could get. I can only say from my personal taste that it makes no difference what hardware your bag is in conjunction to your jewelry. I mix either and it doesn't bother me at all...matter of fact I don't like matchy matchy but, what's really important here is that you are happy with your bag. You shouldn't regret a purchase like this. If its stressing you out then exchange it but, in all honesty I love your bag, it is absolutely beautiful..ESPECIALLY with gold hardware. I hope you can come to a happy decision. :biggrin:

5. I prefer black w/ ghw

6. Agree with alterego and would also add either GHW or PHW is fine on a man. IMO.

7. The bag looks beautiful. I would keep it. I never worry about matching hardware to jewelry.

8. I think this is a stunning combination and why not for a guy. I don't see this bag as being particularly feminine or masculine TBH. I saw a guy a few weeks ago with a toile and barenia HAC and I can't even remember the HW.

GHW is classic H, classic HAC. I mix metals all the time. In the scheme of hardware, esp on a 40 which is huge, the metal is very minor anyway and quite subtle.

If it really bothers you and you can exchange it then do, but some things are meant to be for you.

9. I don't think one or the hardware makes a difference for a man
    Black and gold if the ultimate drop dead classic combination
    A HAC given it's size and shape is awesome on a guy
    This is a really cool bag
    Please consider it before thoughts of exchanging
    Maybe some of our guy members can chime in-
    My vote if it matters is keep!

10. First of all, I'm sooo jealous!! Love the HAC!
    PHW might feel more manly to you, but that could be because it is a cold tone channeling steel and strenght. GHW is somewhat more sensual, thus can appear more feminine and show-off. I would say it all depends on the man carrying it and his style. If you wear a lot of bling and accessories, GHW can be too feminine on a man, but if you wear only little more than a watch, GHW can be a soothing eye-catcher to your image and just what you need to give off a warm vibe to those that see you. With PHW, you can accessories much much more without attracting attention. GHW, less is more. PHW, more is the core.
    Congratulations with your purchase, I do hope you decide to keep it, gold is gorgeous on a man if worn in limited amounts!

11. I personally love black with GHW but I am female. I do understand your hesitation bc most men I know that love Hermes, love PHW.... but it only matters what YOU feel. Don't keep something you don't love.

12. I love the Gold Hardware I think it's timeless and don't believe it's an age thing. When it comes down to it it's just about what YOU like best!!!

13. I don't know how old you are, but I think that you will grow into this bag over time. PHW may be more casual, but YG is no less beautiful or functional.

Once your wallet recovers you can get a YG or YG/stainless watch to go with it.

Did you talk to your SA to see if there is a HAC w/PHW coming in? Hermes return policies are not forgiving, so I would not return it unless you were prepared to wait a long time with your credit in hand.

My advice is to use and love the bag.

14. I personally don't think GHW or PHW makes a difference for guy/gal. I think it's more of a personal preference whether or not you like that particular metal color (and also in that leather color/HW combination) and I also don't think it has to match your jewelry. I have bags with both G & P HW but most of my jewelry is in silver tone. If you don't warm up to the bag then see if you can return it? Don't settle. It looks gorgeous BTW.

15. In general I prefer the look of sleek silver on men.
    I think you may feel the same too. However, we are all very forgiving when we come to Hermes...At this high price point, ideally we should not settled/compromised but it depends on your threshold of comfort (gold) vs patience (waiting for another PHW HAC).