Reveal and Disappointed

Cclover2013

Jan 17, 2017
Hi everyone,
I've been In the deilmna of finding the perfect black classic with silver hardware piece for a long time now. I didn't want to keep buying bags and later selling them. I'm set to receive the mini rectangular in lambskin silver hardware in a few months and I've pulled the trigger on a brand new medium double classic flap black caviar silver hardware. I have the medium in black caviar gold hardware already, along with the black caviar jumbo gold hardware but when I opened this package I'm just so unhappy with its flat/dullness. I purchased it at Saks over the phone. The SA had to locate it for me but I'm just so sad. What do I do from here :sad:

Attachments

• IMG_5476.JPG
    IMG_5476.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 974
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 986
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 983
Reactions: chicnfab and Acctt
Hi everyone,
I've been In the deilmna of finding the perfect black classic with silver hardware piece for a long time now. I didn't want to keep buying bags and later selling them. I'm set to receive the mini rectangular in lambskin silver hardware in a few months and I've pulled the trigger on a brand new medium double classic flap black caviar silver hardware. I have the medium in black caviar gold hardware already, along with the black caviar jumbo gold hardware but when I opened this package I'm just so unhappy with its flat/dullness. I purchased it at Saks over the phone. The SA had to locate it for me but I'm just so sad. What do I do from here :sad:

I don't necessarily see anything wrong with it, but if you are not happy, return it and find one that makes your heart sing!

Hi ladies, I'm not sure if I'm just tired or overthinking it but here's a photo side by side to my old medium double flap gold hardware :sad:
In comparison, it looks like your medium gwh caviar is slightly smoother and the new bag is more "pebbled". I personally don't see anything wrong with it, but if you aren't comfortable with it, then definitely keep looking!

Hi ladies, I'm not sure if I'm just tired or overthinking it but here's a photo side by side to my old medium double flap gold hardware :sad:
Hi there, I also do not notice a "flaw", but at this price-tag, it is important that this purchase feels right under all aspects. So whatever we say here, if you are not 100% convinced, return it and maybe wait a season or two until they change the caviar to one that more resembles the look of your GHW caviar bag.

Reactions: Cclover2013
Hi there, I also do not notice a "flaw", but at this price-tag, it is important that this purchase feels right under all aspects. So whatever we say here, if you are not 100% convinced, return it and maybe wait a season or two until they change the caviar to one that more resembles the look of your GHW caviar bag.
Thank you ladies!! Maybe I just need to sleep on it, I think I might have just psyched myself out after hearing so many people disappointed with their new caviar I was looking too hard for a flaw. I appreciate you all ❤

Reactions: marzipanchen

You are not alone...i bought the same medium/ large caviar hoping it will replace my caviar jumbo. But when i got home and compared the two side by side, it looked lifeless. For me, the pebbling was weird, it was soft and smooshy for a brand new caviar and the it was just dull. Though i rarely use my jumbo because of the weight. I couldnt let it go because of how perfect the quality of the caviar is. So i decided to return the medium/large and wait until they release at least similar quality to top my jumbo. Hope this helps ;)

I don't necessarily see anything wrong with it, but if you are not happy, return it and find one that makes your heart sing!

In comparison, it looks like your medium gwh caviar is slightly smoother and the new bag is more "pebbled". I personally don't see anything wrong with it, but if you aren't comfortable with it, then definitely keep looking!

Agree with all of the above. Looks good to me, but you need to be completely satisfied.

I can definitely understand your disappointment. Looking at your pictures, I can see exactly what you're talking about and since you love the other bag so much I completely get your feelings towards the new grain of leather and lack of puffiness. I, myself, like matte black flat looking Chanels. I know I'm in the minority with this opinion but I jumped at buying last years matte black chanel boy bag. I never wanted to have a puffy chanel because of how they flatten out over the years on some parts of the bag more than others. Again, I know that's probably the minority opinion. But because I know exactly what I like, I fully understand your thought process and how the new look isn't exactly what you prefer. Because of the price of the piece, you probably should invest in something you love instead and return this. Chanel changes its materials so often that the right bag will come along for you down the road. I own two boy bags and that's it because I don't like many of the seasons particular puffy leather that chanel used. I would love to come across another chanel that I fall in love with, but it just hasn't happened, yet. In time, I know they're bound to release the perfect combination for me though. In the meantime, I've invested in different Louis Vuitton purses that I absolutely love. My motto is if it's not love at first sight then it's not for you. The only slgs from chanel I own are the camellia line from last year- my heart sung when I saw them. No other chanel slgs did this for me though, so I have a larger Louis Vuitton slgs collection. I only buy what I love, knowing that in time there will be more perfect fits for my collection. I'm really sorry this particular item didn't wow you. But your other bag is so puffy and perfect for you! :smile:. This gives you more time to use and enjoy this bag often :smile:.

I had the same problem with my small black caviar flap. It is not easy to capture in a picture. Mine was dull and had almost a grey sheen to it. I kept it and tried to convince myself that I just needed to condition it well. Less than two years later, I sold it for a loss. Return it now while you still can. What's funny is the consignment store I sold it to, darkened the pictures of it online. It looked gorgeous! I feel bad for the person who snapped it up. She isn't going to be pleased when she receives it.

For Christmas, I chose a black caviar yen wallet with GHW made in Spain over the SHW made in Italy because all the SHW wallets had the same grey sheen to the leather. I jokingly said to the SA that the Spanish cows must be prettier. I learned the skins are all farmed in one place in France and sent out to Spain and Italy. Interesting the finished products can look so different.

Hi everyone,

Last edited: