Reveal and Customer Service Update

miasvault

Dec 29, 2014
I just wanted to update you all on my latest experience with Bal's Customer Service. Quick recap: I bought a black Work from BalNY last January and it started turning into an iridescent/metallic mess after a few months. I called the store and was asked to send it in for review. They determined immediately that it was a defect in the leather and offered me a store credit. While I was bummed to say goodbye to my Work, I was excited to get a new bag and glad that Bal honored the return. They were truly wonderful to deal with. I chose the ME City in Rose de Sables. She's truly a chameleon and will be a beautiful bag for so many different outfits.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1452452744.312555.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1452452764.189905.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1452452774.278066.jpg

Thanks for letting me introduce her!

I absolutely love this color. Congrats!!!

I too have good experience with Bal's customer service. I purchased a Bal City recently and after 3 days use, the stitching where the plating is inside the bag completely came off and it was hanging by one side. I called my SA immediately and told me come in asap for review. She looked at it and in place she gave me a whole new bag that came in from their shipment that morning. I'm very impressed with Bal's customer service :smile:

I just wanted to update you all on my latest experience with Bal's Customer Service. Quick recap: I bought a black Work from BalNY last January and it started turning into an iridescent/metallic mess after a few months. I called the store and was asked to send it in for review. They determined immediately that it was a defect in the leather and offered me a store credit. While I was bummed to say goodbye to my Work, I was excited to get a new bag and glad that Bal honored the return. They were truly wonderful to deal with. I chose the ME City in Rose de Sables. She's truly a chameleon and will be a beautiful bag for so many different outfits.

View attachment 3237164View attachment 3237165View attachment 3237168

She's a beautiful bag! Congrats and enjoy!

Newbie (first post!) question. By metallic/iridescent mess, do you mean the leather developed a metallic sheen, or the metal edges started oxidizing in a strange way? I've seen photos of very faded Bal's where the black gets a greenish tint to it, but don't think I've ever seen a photo of it developing a metallic color! Leather is strange.

This is a nice, warm rose. Good choice :smile:

Hi Hawk, welcome to the slippery slope of Balenciaga addiction. The struggle is real. The leather on my black bag started oxidizing all over. Not just on areas that were exposed to sun or or other conditions. It began turning metallic within a few months and it wasn't even in use. I had it stored in the bag in my closet. I took it out to use it around June and noticed it looked weird. SO I used it for about a week, then put it back. When I took it back out in December, I was shocked. I will try to upload some pictures here:

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

It looked MUCH worse in real life. The SA at Bal was on the phone with me when she opened the box and she was in total shock. She could tell that the bag had hardly been used and that the color was definitely not normal. She just had to confirm with others at the store that it was in fact defective and promptly replied with an offer of store credit.

Attachments

• IMG_8487.jpg
    IMG_8487.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_8489.jpg
    IMG_8489.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_8495.jpg
    IMG_8495.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 287
Heh, thanks :smile:

WOW. Yeah, I can see what you mean from the photos. That's super bizarre- I wonder if there was something wrong with the dye/whatever they use on leather. I've seen a similar effect with Fiebing's penetrating black dye.

That's a drag, though.

View attachment 3237164View attachment 3237165View attachment 3237168

The new bag looks great, miasvault! I'm glad that BAL did the right thing.

On your new ME is it Chevre leather?

The new bag looks great, miasvault! I'm glad that BAL did the right thing.

On your new ME is it Chevre leather?
Thank you! Yes it is chèvre leather. It's very thick, non-distressed and has some structure. It's a much different feel than the traditional moto line. I haven't started using it yet so I don't know how it will break in, but others here have said it begins to soften nicely.
;)