Reveal and Belated New Year's Resolution, Stay Away From ...

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
...Craigslist!

And if I want to save money in 2013 I should also avoid: ebay, bonanza, etsy, the outlet, the boutique, purse departments, thrift stores, garage sales, and TPF!!!

I was so pleased with my recent $80 Craigslist find of an Ink Bleecker Flap Bag and matching wallet with tattersall lining, that I went looking for other bargains on Craigslist, and guess what? I found one!

I love small, impractical, fancy evening bags - even though my current inventory of such bags is more than adequate to meet the demands of my lifestyle and social engagements.

But when I came across one made of satin, with a turnlock, a kisslock, and a chain strap (at a great price) I was powerless to resist! So I gave in to desire yet again!

That's why I shouldn't have even been looking at Craigslist!

So, you know what happened. I arranged another "covert purse encounter" at the local Home Depot yesterday to meet the seller and "make the buy!"

The bag is great and it was very cheap but I really have no need for it!

Want to see what I got? :graucho:

...Craigslist!

And if I want to save money in 2013 I should also avoid: ebay, bonanza, etsy, the outlet, the boutique, purse departments, thrift stores, garage sales, and TPF!!!

I was so pleased with my recent $80 Craigslist find of an Ink Bleecker Flap Bag and matching wallet with tattersall lining, that I went looking for other bargains on Craigslist, and guess what? I found one!

I love small, impractical, fancy evening bags - even though my current inventory of such bags is more than adequate to meet the demands of my lifestyle and social engagements.

But when I came across one in black satin, with a turnlock, a kisslock, and a chain strap (at a great price) I was powerless to resist! So I gave in to desire yet again!

That's why I shouldn't have even been looking at Craigslist!

So I arranged another "covert purse encounter" at the local Home Depot yesterday to meet the seller and "make the buy!"

The bag is great and it was very cheap but I really have no need for it!

Want to see what I got? :graucho:

YES! :graucho:

I got a Madison Amanda Satin Foldover Clutch 12926 in black with gold hardware for only $30.

It was made in China in 2008 and the original retail price was $298. BeenBurned has kindly authenticated it for me.

It originally came in many beautiful colors including some 2-color combos.

Here are some pics, the bag is in pristine condition. The big turnlock is a fake; it functions as a weight to keep the foldover in place.

Attachments

• AmandaFoldoverFlapBlk002.jpg
    AmandaFoldoverFlapBlk002.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 923
  • AmandaFoldoverFlapBlk008.jpg
    AmandaFoldoverFlapBlk008.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 956
  • AmandaFoldoverFlapBlk011.jpg
    AmandaFoldoverFlapBlk011.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 963
  • AmandaFoldoverFlapBlk013.jpg
    AmandaFoldoverFlapBlk013.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 937
  • AmandaFoldoverFlapBlk005.jpg
    AmandaFoldoverFlapBlk005.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 974
Last edited:
I got a Madison Amanda Satin Foldover Clutch 12926 in black with gold hardware for only $30.

It was made in China in 2008 and the original retail price was $298. BeenBurned has kindly authenticated it for me.

It originally came in many beautiful colors including 2-color combos.

Here are some pics, the bag is in pristine condition. The big turnlock is a fake; it functions as a weight to keep the foldover in place.

That's adorable! Nice find! Congrats!

Omg, that is gorgeous!!! I adore clutches & evening bags (i use them often when i wear a sari). I've been looking for a pretty black/gold one. I wish I found such beauties on CL. Lucky you!!