Reveal and a Question

Scarf experts, please correct me if I am incorrect, but what I was told is that the design is reminiscent of the beautiful jewels of Afghanistan. Annie Faivre, the designer, always uses her trademark "monkey" in all of her designs. The colorway you chose is magnificent! Congratulations!!

Our dear Ladybaga is right. Here is what the scarf booklet says:

" An hommage to explorers, nomads and archeologists, this scarf celebrates Afghan art and art that defies time. Afghanistan inhabits the crossroads of Western and Oriental cultures. (…) Over 3 000 years ago, this region of great cultural richness was prosperous and highly populated. A large satrapy of the Persian Empire, it was allied to Alexander the Great, and dominated by the Seleucids. Its treasures attest to these diverse influences. This scarf is inspired by this region, continuing these rich exchanges as an equestrian sport: rearing horses are leogryphs, half eagle, half lion, and winged horses become dragons"

HTH!

Our dear Ladybaga is right. Here is what the scarf booklet says:

" An hommage to explorers, nomads and archeologists, this scarf celebrates Afghan art and art that defies time. Afghanistan inhabits the crossroads of Western and Oriental cultures. (…) Over 3 000 years ago, this region of great cultural richness was prosperous and highly populated. A large satrapy of the Persian Empire, it was allied to Alexander the Great, and dominated by the Seleucids. Its treasures attest to these diverse influences. This scarf is inspired by this region, continuing these rich exchanges as an equestrian sport: rearing horses are leogryphs, half eagle, half lion, and winged horses become dragons"

HTH!

Thank you, booksnchocolate for posting this explanation. I knew I read this somewhere. :smile: (I love your avatar name, by the way. Every time I see it, I want to eat chocolate while I read tpf (or a good book, that is. ;))