Reveal: A pair of non-bag purchases

faintlymacabre

O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
Calgary, Canada
I just wanted to share some things I picked up recently! I've not seen many postings on these types of items on the board, so why not? [emoji4]

First up is a little impulse buy. This is the glovetanned sketchbook cover in the Citrine colour. Each colour has something different stamped on the front and back, and I liked this combo best!

IMG_20170118_163405.jpg
IMG_20170118_163418.jpg

The actual sketchbook included inside is coil bound and soft cover. The paper seems to be of a nice weight and has a bit of texture to it. I haven't actually written anything in it yet, but I'm a fountain pen user and am hoping it won't bleed! I may just throw a different notebook in here as well... It seems to be an A5 size?

Next up are my new moto boots!!! I love them to death. Wandering into the store yesterday, I was actually just wanting to browse the new arrivals. I saw these on display in my size, marked down 50%, and had to have them! I had been admiring them all season but definitely wasn't about to pay full price. I'm glad I waited!

Sorry for the really awkward pics. The leather on these is incredible!

IMG_20170119_123905.jpg
IMG_20170119_123747.jpg

K.E.W.

Jun 21, 2016
I just wanted to share some things I picked up recently! I've not seen many postings on these types of items on the board, so why not? [emoji4]

First up is a little impulse buy. This is the glovetanned sketchbook cover in the Citrine colour. Each colour has something different stamped on the front and back, and I liked this combo best!

View attachment 3579388
View attachment 3579405

The actual sketchbook included inside is coil bound and soft cover. The paper seems to be of a nice weight and has a bit of texture to it. I haven't actually written anything in it yet, but I'm a fountain pen user and am hoping it won't bleed! I may just throw a different notebook in here as well... It seems to be an A5 size?

Next up are my new moto boots!!! I love them to death. Wandering into the store yesterday, I was actually just wanting to browse the new arrivals. I saw these on display in my size, marked down 50%, and had to have them! I had been admiring them all season but definitely wasn't about to pay full price. I'm glad I waited!

Sorry for the really awkward pics. The leather on these is incredible!

View attachment 3579452
View attachment 3579453

The boots look great on you! I love that smooth leather sketchbook -- I know it came in lots of colors with varying graphics on front and back. Do you think the notepad could be refilled with any generic pad, like from Walgreens?

If you have a moment could you please post a pic of the inside with the notepad? TIA.

faintlymacabre

O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
Calgary, Canada
The boots look great on you! I love that smooth leather sketchbook -- I know it came in lots of colors with varying graphics on front and back. Do you think the notepad could be refilled with any generic pad, like from Walgreens?

If you have a moment could you please post a pic of the inside with the notepad? TIA.
For sure! Here are some interior shots. Apologies for the crappy lighting at my office!

IMG_20170120_090718.jpg

The front cover of the notebook is a transparent plastic with the Coach logo.

IMG_20170120_090826.jpg

The notebook just slots into the back, so I'm sure you could replace this one with others.

IMG_20170120_090843.jpg

IMG_20170120_090908.jpg

I didn't even notice those imprints under the creed until I took these photos... I guess I don't care too much about the inside back cover of a notebook though.

You can get this monogrammed too, but I chose not to at the moment. [emoji4]

K.E.W.

Jun 21, 2016
For sure! Here are some interior shots. Apologies for the crappy lighting at my office!

View attachment 3580194

The front cover of the notebook is a transparent plastic with the Coach logo.

View attachment 3580206

The notebook just slots into the back, so I'm sure you could replace this one with others.

View attachment 3580207

View attachment 3580211

I didn't even notice those imprints under the creed until I took these photos... I guess I don't care too much about the inside back cover of a notebook though.

You can get this monogrammed too, but I chose not to at the moment. [emoji4]

Thanks so much for the detailed pics and info! I think this sketch pad is quite impressive and elegant. I had not looked for it when I was in the Coach store several weeks ago....enjoy it! Do you know what you'll use it for? Everyone is using their smart phones in place of address books (I'm dating myself, I know), but I prefer to write those things in ink...I think I'm talking myself into getting one, haha.

PS - Your lighting is fine on these pics!

faintlymacabre

O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
Calgary, Canada
Thanks so much for the detailed pics and info! I think this sketch pad is quite impressive and elegant. I had not looked for it when I was in the Coach store several weeks ago....enjoy it! Do you know what you'll use it for? Everyone is using their smart phones in place of address books (I'm dating myself, I know), but I prefer to write those things in ink...I think I'm talking myself into getting one, haha.

PS - Your lighting is fine on these pics!
I plan on using it for my daily work notes! I'd like to first grab a different notebook to put in it though, as I prefer work notes to be on lined or dot grid paper.

I did just did a test with my fountain pens though, and the paper quality in the Coach notebook is stellar! No bleeding, feathering, or show-through on the other side of the page. I think I'll save this notebook for actual art!

Reactions: K.E.W.

K.E.W.

Jun 21, 2016
I plan on using it for my daily work notes! I'd like to first grab a different notebook to put in it though, as I prefer work notes to be on lined or dot grid paper.

I did just did a test with my fountain pens though, and the paper quality in the Coach notebook is stellar! No bleeding, feathering, or show-through on the other side of the page. I think I'll save this notebook for actual art!

Good to know, thx! I like arty sketching too, haha!

And truly, thx for those closeup shots! I like the thin plastic protective cover, never knew that till you posted it.

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I love the notebook and the boots, great purchases!