Reveal - 19 Year Old Speedy 25!

Congrats! So cool to see a Speedy with so much history.

Thank you :smile: I think so too! I'm so happy that she's vintage, makes her more special and interesting to me.

vintage vuitton holds up so well over time

I've heard!

So happy for you! I love the look of an old speedy!

Awww thanks so much :smile: And me too! She has aged beautifully.

Congrats on such a great find! I just bought a speedy 40 made in 1994!

Thank you! And congrats on yours, too! :biggrin:
(do you have a reveal thread? I'd love to see it!)

Congrats on such a unique and vintage piece! my first lv purchase was a preloved speedy 25, I sold it..an I've always regretted selling her :sad: enjoy yours!

Thank you so much :smile:
I'm so excited to have her, and I think I'll hold on to her for many years to come! Maybe you should look into buying another one preloved?

Matter of preference really. If you do not like the sag and want to maintain the shape at the bottom. Yes. But be careful as some one pointed out here that you are not using the plastic or fiber glass shaper. The one I have is leather and rounded at the corners fitting perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I have a question. Can you please let me know the issues with plastic/fiberglass base shapers? Thanks :smile:

Congrats on your Speedy, she's beautiful! I think it's incredibly sweet of your boyfriend to comparison shop and purchase it for you. What a great guy :girlsigh: You owe him some :smooch: when he returns! Congrats and Happy Anniversary!

I have a question. Can you please let me know the issues with plastic/fiberglass base shapers? Thanks :smile:
Plastic or fiber glass are very hard materials to place inside the bag and it also adds a little weight. It also pushes in to the corners of your bag which you do not want to do. I found the leather with rounded corners is a very nice fit. Not to expensive on either Amazon or Purse Bling - around 25 bucks I believe.

Congrats!! OMG I actually just purchased a speedy on malleries today from 2001! I am so beyond excited, I got a 35. I was actually debating between the speedy and toiletry pouch 26, and went with the speedy. Although the speedy is beautiful new, as well, there is such charm in getting a vintage one. Especially when the patina has already been broken in and you really don't have to worry about it! Yours looks gorgeous, great condition, enjoy it in good health!