Revamping / Dyeing a Bag

BeautyBootyBabe

Yeah, I like cake.
O.G.
Sep 8, 2011
I have a Mabel (larger size) that is a buttery cream/yellow color. I love love love the bag, but it has such wear on it that I never use it anymore. The straps are super discolored and dirty looking and it has a few scuffs on the front. Has anyone considered revamping/dyeing one of their bags? I’d like to dye it black, but my concern is what to do with the lining. If I dye the outside, should I just dye the lining as well? And if so, can I just use the same leather dye to do that?

Any advice is welcome!

Hello. I have dyed plonge studded bayswater... originally it was beautiful nude soft plonge with rose gold studs and hardware. I think somebody jumped into a lake with it and ended up horribly discoloured and stiff. I Dyed it black but obviously there is always trouble with the lining. :smile: at the end I got suede dye for the lining and although it did not end up as good as the outside at least it matches... there is quite a bit of info about dying bags- I would go with the fiebings pro leather dye as that soaks into the leather as supposed the paint that just sits on top.

Hello. I have dyed plonge studded bayswater... originally it was beautiful nude soft plonge with rose gold studs and hardware. I think somebody jumped into a lake with it and ended up horribly discoloured and stiff. I Dyed it black but obviously there is always trouble with the lining. :smile: at the end I got suede dye for the lining and although it did not end up as good as the outside at least it matches... there is quite a bit of info about dying bags- I would go with the fiebings pro leather dye as that soaks into the leather as supposed the paint that just sits on top.
Awesome! Thank you!

I just recently won an auction on a faded Aberley. I used furniture clinic re-coloring balm. It is formulated for furniture, so once it fully rubbed in and dry the color won’t rub off. I’m very impressed with the outcome. You should give it a try! They have a lot of color choices too!

I have a Mabel (larger size) that is a buttery cream/yellow color. I love love love the bag, but it has such wear on it that I never use it anymore. The straps are super discolored and dirty looking and it has a few scuffs on the front. Has anyone considered revamping/dyeing one of their bags? I’d like to dye it black, but my concern is what to do with the lining. If I dye the outside, should I just dye the lining as well? And if so, can I just use the same leather dye to do that?

Any advice is welcome!

I just recently won an auction on a faded Aberley. I used furniture clinic re-coloring balm. It is formulated for furniture, so once it fully rubbed in and dry the color won’t rub off. I’m very impressed with the outcome. You should give it a try! They have a lot of color choices too!

Thank you so much!