Revamping / Dyeing a Bag

BeautyBootyBabe

Yeah, I like cake.
Sep 8, 2011
Virginia
I have a Mabel (larger size) that is a buttery cream/yellow color. I love love love the bag, but it has such wear on it that I never use it anymore. The straps are super discolored and dirty looking and it has a few scuffs on the front. Has anyone considered revamping/dyeing one of their bags? I’d like to dye it black, but my concern is what to do with the lining. If I dye the outside, should I just dye the lining as well? And if so, can I just use the same leather dye to do that?

Any advice is welcome!

Janulka098

Jul 24, 2019
Hello. I have dyed plonge studded bayswater... originally it was beautiful nude soft plonge with rose gold studs and hardware. I think somebody jumped into a lake with it and ended up horribly discoloured and stiff. I Dyed it black but obviously there is always trouble with the lining. :smile: at the end I got suede dye for the lining and although it did not end up as good as the outside at least it matches... there is quite a bit of info about dying bags- I would go with the fiebings pro leather dye as that soaks into the leather as supposed the paint that just sits on top.

BeautyBootyBabe

Yeah, I like cake.
Sep 8, 2011
Virginia
Hello. I have dyed plonge studded bayswater... originally it was beautiful nude soft plonge with rose gold studs and hardware. I think somebody jumped into a lake with it and ended up horribly discoloured and stiff. I Dyed it black but obviously there is always trouble with the lining. :smile: at the end I got suede dye for the lining and although it did not end up as good as the outside at least it matches... there is quite a bit of info about dying bags- I would go with the fiebings pro leather dye as that soaks into the leather as supposed the paint that just sits on top.
Awesome! Thank you!

Leto

O.G.
Jul 30, 2010
Northern VA
I just recently won an auction on a faded Aberley. I used furniture clinic re-coloring balm. It is formulated for furniture, so once it fully rubbed in and dry the color won’t rub off. I’m very impressed with the outcome. You should give it a try! They have a lot of color choices too!

I have a Mabel (larger size) that is a buttery cream/yellow color. I love love love the bag, but it has such wear on it that I never use it anymore. The straps are super discolored and dirty looking and it has a few scuffs on the front. Has anyone considered revamping/dyeing one of their bags? I’d like to dye it black, but my concern is what to do with the lining. If I dye the outside, should I just dye the lining as well? And if so, can I just use the same leather dye to do that?

Any advice is welcome!

BeautyBootyBabe

Yeah, I like cake.
Sep 8, 2011
Virginia
I just recently won an auction on a faded Aberley. I used furniture clinic re-coloring balm. It is formulated for furniture, so once it fully rubbed in and dry the color won’t rub off. I’m very impressed with the outcome. You should give it a try! They have a lot of color choices too!
Thank you so much!