Returns without receipt - question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 28, 2008
Not too long ago I had to return an item without a receipt.
They took down my drivers license info. Wasn't a problem, as it was a new, still full-priced item, unused, tags intact.

I have another item (should have done it all at once, eh?) to return without a receipt. Do they track/limit the number of "non-receipt" returns one can do? I know a lot of stores do, and I figured this is why they take drivers license info. I don't want to be flagged in their system as a problem child or chronic returner or something.

Just wondering.

I have taken things back without a receipt. If I get a gift from my Parents or DH and they don't give me a gift receipt I don't ask them for it. I don't know if they track it though.

From what other threads have said I think they do track returns but I think you have to do alot of buying and returns to be flagged in their system. Its a way for them to filter the real buyers and those who resell on ebay I think. I think only one person has been banned from coach from this forum.....:confused1:

Has anyone ever returned something from ebay that has the tag? I got something and I think I changed my mind about it. Would they even know who originally bought it?

Status
Not open for further replies.