Returns - Keep your tracking #s!

Teagaggle

Sep 29, 2014
I know returns in general have been discussed here so if the moderators feel need to move this to a different thread, feel free. Just wanted to share my experience with some of the recent returns that I had done. Most recently, I had returned a bag in the middle of June. They received it on June 21st yet no credit has appeared on my credit card. I realize that these returns are taking longer to process, but as you approach the 3 week point, I think you should be seeing some activity. I chatted with a representative today who could not find notification that the bag was returned and asked for my UPS tracking number for the return. Luckily, I keep good records and I was able to immediately give her that. Based on that information, she was pushing the credit through, but I got the impression that if I didn't have that information, I would be at Coach's mercy.
Message of the story - keep records & particularly your return UPS tracking #. Before I ever inquire with Coach on a return, I always check UPS to see when they received it.
I'm hopeful I'll see both credits appear soon but if I don't, I'll be reaching back out to them.
As a side note, my experience today was via the chat box, early in the am (I'm on the east coast). She was able to handle everything via the chat...the box wasn't popping up as usual but the little chat icon showed in the bottom right corner.
Hopefully this helps anyone...

I agree, and lucky you on the chat box! :smile: But yes, I had 4 returns recently, 2 I had emails on, but 2 not processed, and it was just at the 10 days past when they received them. I called and the rep took the time to look up the tracking info, processed the form they need to in order to tell them they need to get the returns processed asap, and the next day I got both of my emails. I keep my tracking numbers and info on which bag/order it was in my bills pile so that I can keep an eye on it when I pay bills each week to see if it is time to follow up, etc. It definitely helps to have all of the info ready and then they are great about helping you.

As for the chat box I think it goes through times where they are just too busy to have it available and times when it is available a lot. If I don't see it on the website, I google it so it will show up on the website if available, but many times before customer service normal hours it won't show up, and the times I was trying to call they had too many callers that there wasn't any chat available. I love to use it though.

I'm on business day 11 for one and 6 for the other. I'll wait a few more days and then email. One was an in store purchase I sent back and have previously been told those particular returns take up to 14 business days. I find once I email it gets the return moving.

Reactions: Teagaggle
I received the email return confirmation today on the one I called about. The one that I had to return a 2nd time with the special code is on day 9 since they received it. Praying it doesn't come back again!

Reactions: Alexa5
OMG! So so frustrating! I shipped something back to outlet on 6/25 delivered on 6/30. I am on phone for almost an hour now. They told me UPS tracking not valid - hmmm I can see it on UPS site and that it was delivered in Jacksonville to Coach at the Dock. I also informed them I wouldn't have had to ship it back to return if their dumb website allowed me to use any form of payment but for some strange reason it will only let me pay through PayPal. I was told again this is a known issue - duh I called about it months ago. I have to remind myself not to order online any more. This is true with Coach.com and Coachoutlet.com.

Anyway, I have a case number and I am told I should see a refund in 7-10 business days. I better!

@shillinggirl88 Sorry to hear but I guess we shouldn't be surprised.
I returned the one bag for a 2nd time with the return code all over the box & it was received by Coach on 7/7. Its now 11 business days & still no credit issued, despite being told it would be credited immediately upon their receipt of it (since they should have never sent it back to me). Will be calling today or may try chat...
Luck to us both!

I returned the one bag for a 2nd time with the return code all over the box & it was received by Coach on 7/7. Its now 11 business days & still no credit issued, despite being told it would be credited immediately upon their receipt of it (since they should have never sent it back to me). Will be calling today or may try chat...
Luck to us both!
Good luck!

Reactions: shillinggirl88
Luck to us both!
I am not use what’s going on with Coach. I have three returns and one was returned but its 2 weeks and my funds aren’t credited so I called and was told it was not done correctly so they are correcting it and the other two returns she created a case as it’s almost a month since it’s been delivered.

I am not use what’s going on with Coach. I have three returns and one was returned but its 2 weeks and my funds aren’t credited so I called and was told it was not done correctly so they are correcting it and the other two returns she created a case as it’s almost a month since it’s been delivered.
Wow, I think they must have a lot of returns from those that had been waiting to do it in a store, maybe? Well, glad they are working on it.

Luck to us both!
Thank you my friend! I have never had an issue shipping back to them in the past. What really makes me upset is the fact that I can’t really order online unless I use PayPal so then my only choice is to ship back or get merchandise credit in store. So it’s kind of their fault that I had to ship it back in the first place. Hopefully things will work out for both of us :smile:

Very frustrating! Yes I have never had a problem returning by shipping back to them either. Wishing you luck!

I brought one bag to store to return, however, the store was unable to locate the transaction to process return (2 items on the order #, only 1 is showing up). The store offered to ship it back for me so the return postage can be waived and she said this happens all the time. I have no other option but to agree. Fast forward 5 days, it delivered at Jacksonville. The next business day I checked the tracking, it is now COMING BACK to SENDER because address is missing. What address? It is received and signed? I called Coach website and they say they will process refund as this is very weird. Coach local store did not reply to my email though. Wonder what went wrong and fingers crossed the refund will actually show up.

I purchase a bag that was on sale and was complete sold out online but I found 1 in a store out of state. The Sale person did mention it was the last one and was a store display but it look good so I pay for it and I received it today and OMG the buckle is scratched and the sealant is starting to peel and its not in like new or new condition. I am not sure how to return it as I don’t want to return it to JAX for them to think I use it because the bag clearly looks used. I actually want to send it to the store I bought it from .

I always write the contents (bag name/color) of the return on the label, stick it to the box and take a photo. I also take a picture of the inside of the box showing the items. That came in handy when Coach only processed one out of the three items I returned. Emailed customer service the photo of the label and boxed items. Was credited within a few days.

I know returns in general have been discussed here so if the moderators feel need to move this to a different thread, feel free. Just wanted to share my experience with some of the recent returns that I had done. Most recently, I had returned a bag in the middle of June. They received it on June 21st yet no credit has appeared on my credit card. I realize that these returns are taking longer to process, but as you approach the 3 week point, I think you should be seeing some activity. I chatted with a representative today who could not find notification that the bag was returned and asked for my UPS tracking number for the return. Luckily, I keep good records and I was able to immediately give her that. Based on that information, she was pushing the credit through, but I got the impression that if I didn't have that information, I would be at Coach's mercy.
Message of the story - keep records & particularly your return UPS tracking #. Before I ever inquire with Coach on a return, I always check UPS to see when they received it.
I'm hopeful I'll see both credits appear soon but if I don't, I'll be reaching back out to them.
As a side note, my experience today was via the chat box, early in the am (I'm on the east coast). She was able to handle everything via the chat...the box wasn't popping up as usual but the little chat icon showed in the bottom right corner.
Hopefully this helps anyone...
I had the same thing happen to me in June. I contacted them 3 times about the return because each time they said they'd refund me after I told them UPS tracking number and how it showed it was returned, but they weren't refunding me. I ended up filing a claim with PayPal and got my money back that way. It was the one and only time I have had such a problem returning to JAX.
I purchase a bag that was on sale and was complete sold out online but I found 1 in a store out of state. The Sale person did mention it was the last one and was a store display but it look good so I pay for it and I received it today and OMG the buckle is scratched and the sealant is starting to peel and its not in like new or new condition. I am not sure how to return it as I don’t want to return it to JAX for them to think I use it because the bag clearly looks used. I actually want to send it to the store I bought it from .
I would call the store and talk to a manager then make sure you get/have prepaid label to return to that store to avoid potential problems.

Reactions: Teagaggle