Returns from FP store to an outlet...

Dec 28, 2009
Has anyone done this before? Do they care - would they rather have you return to a FP store? Can your FP store see on their system that you returned it to an outlet? I know we can do returns at either, but I have returned a couple outlet things to the FP store before...and they did it but it - but it just seemed weird, like they don't like doing it.

I was planning on running up to my outlet tomorrow to check out what they have. I would like to be able to return it there if I could and not have to go all the way back to the FP store. But I am afraid they might not like that.

Can anyone share their experiences with this??
Thanks!

usually outlets dont care as much. they get more traffic so it will sell faster.

that's good. i have the receipt so i am sure it will be fine - i just wondered will my FP store be able to see that I returned it there? I just feel like they don't like if you don't come back to them. Know what I mean?
I just don't want to go to 2 stores...and to be honest I have been at the FP store like 3 times this week..don't feel like going in again :nuts:

i don't think, it would matter

personally to me it never did.

fp and outlets can see returns/purchases at both fp and outlets..the ones that are name captured

I am just thinking for some reason it may be better to return the FP bag to the FP store. Am I overthinking this?? I probably am..because I don't know why I am still up this late!

there is no difference, if you have the receipt, it is okay.

the only thing that bugged me a LOT before..but has gotten better since (the outlet people!!) is how factory people would tell customers they can return at any coach stores..including full price with receipt.

it is misleading in that, you can only "exchange" at FP stores when you really think about it. either get MC for later use, to get another bag (isn't that exchange??) or exchange on the spot

but no refunds of money or credit card will be made

i had quite a few "angry" customers during that time..and some of them went away angry and maybe a handful have actually demanded me to call the outlet and then that is when the outlet would deny telling the customer so (at this point i can only believe the customer, as i can't say the customer heard wrong, etc etc)

so we would have to work it so that the customer would send it to the outlet and the outlet would refund her because it still wasn't to be done on our registers..and the customer could not make the trip herself. (it has never been a guy to do this)

I returned one and there was no problem. I had ordered it from JAX so didn't have the opportunity to try before buying. We do not live close to a boutique or outlet, so the first trip we were close to a Coach store ( a factory store) I returned it. They were very nice about it.

I returned a bag I ordered from the website to my outlet store once because the outlet is much closer than the FP store. I bought another bag and some accessories at the outlet to replace it and still got some money refunded. They were extremely nice about it.

Oh, see...I tried once to make a return to a FP store...it was an outlet item (FP delete).

The A. Manager opened my shopping bag and told me flat out they couldn't do anything with that bag...I'd have to take it back to the outlet, period. I was P.O'd to be honest, because right there on the back of the receipt it says that I CAN return any item to any store of merch credit. I think it boiled down to a lazy SA who didn't want to deal with the aftermath of returning an "outlet item" ... be it sending the item back to the outlet or sending it to JAX or whatever...clearly the task overwhelmed her and she decided it in better form to LIE to a customer.

While this story may be inline with what Ms.Whitney was saying, I wouldn't have minded a store credit because I was buying a few things that day. They just refused to work with the bag at all. So I was left making my FP purchase and the following day taking a ride to outlet and returning the original bag.

Italia that is wrong....you should have stood your ground...I'd be mighty PO'd if my SA said that to me. As long as you have the receipt you can get a merch credit at FP and they can't say squat about it! You were too nice!

i do it all the time.- exchange or get a credit that is. i live closer to full price stores than outlets. when i "sit" on something for a while and realize its not working for me, i return it at the store and get a credit. did it just last week. everything was fine

in italia's case--did you say you had a receipt as well? the manager/sales person should
have asked instead of downright refusing

for anyone that may potentially run into people like that there's a return policy on the cashwrap that clearly states

new and unused fp goods may be returned with receipt for full credit or refund

new and unused outlet goods may be returned with receipt for store credit only or exchange.

notice it says nothing about goods without a receipt ;)

in italia's case--did you say you had a receipt as well? the manager/sales person should
have asked instead of downright refusing

for anyone that may potentially run into people like that there's a return policy on the cashwrap that clearly states

new and unused fp goods may be returned with receipt for full credit or refund

new and unused outlet goods may be returned with receipt for store credit only or exchange.

you may direct them to it if they give you grief

notice it says nothing about goods without a receipt ;)

HI,
I have returned FP items at an outlet and outlet items at a FP store!!! I have gotten a few "snotty remarks" from SA's at the FP store, so I prefer to return to the outlet!!! The SA's and Management at my outlet are Very nice and friendly!!!!!
I would just return wherever is most convenient to you!! (Of course, havethe receipt handy!!!) Good Luck!!!

Lynne :biggrin: