Returning to Mulberry !

Candysroom

Fellow Sufferer
Jun 19, 2011
Last year I really had enough of Mulberry. Poor quality control and ever increasing prices made me decide to look elsewhere for my handbag fix.

I tried Chloe and its Marcie, I tried Anya Hindmarsh and the Ebury. All perfectly fine but but but it just was not the same. I love Mulberry at its best with its understated design and am a sucker for the idea of British design and/or craftsmanship. I accept that some might say (DH are you there?) that I have been taken in by branding but there is still something of that left in Mulberry.

So I have come back to the fold and to TPF because there are so many lovely handbag obsessives here!

After a radical pruning and selling I worked out that I like Bayswaters and Lilys the best so have a few hopefully well chosen additions. You can see that I do love a statement bag!
See what you make of my choices-

Red Goat Bayswater and Tree Pouch (new)
Scribbly Floral Patent Lily and Pouch (new to me)

Oak Cookie Bayswater (new to me)
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406992085.521568.jpg

Think I might be back on the sofa for a bit now!

They're all absolutely gorgeous Candysroom. I love your bays and the scribble is one of my favourite prints and is so durable (my pouch still looks as good as new even though it's a over a year old). Enjoy your lovely items!

Last year I really had enough of Mulberry. Poor quality control and ever increasing prices made me decide to look elsewhere for my handbag fix.

I tried Chloe and its Marcie, I tried Anya Hindmarsh and the Ebury. All perfectly fine but but but it just was not the same. I love Mulberry at its best with its understated design and am a sucker for the idea of British design and/or craftsmanship. I accept that some might say (DH are you there?) that I have been taken in by branding but there is still something of that left in Mulberry.

So I have come back to the fold and to TPF because there are so many lovely handbag obsessives here!

After a radical pruning and selling I worked out that I like Bayswaters and Lilys the best so have a few hopefully well chosen additions. You can see that I do love a statement bag!
See what you make of my choices-

Red Goat Bayswater and Tree Pouch (new)
Scribbly Floral Patent Lily and Pouch (new to me)

Oak Cookie Bayswater (new to me)
View attachment 2705719

Think I might be back on the sofa for a bit now!

Bayswaters and Lilys are the best for me too. Your bags and beautiful!! I have given up experimenting with other designers now and just buy what I know I love. The only bag I would love is a chanel jumbo but currently no funds for that!

Thank you all for your kind words. I guess I just have to admit that I am a sucker for Mulberry! Although as CP says there's always the Chanel Jumbo! Indeed I have rarely seen a Chanel Flap I didn't like...Perhaps one day I will have a life glamorous enough for one!

They are all gorgeous, what a come back ;) the Cookie looks in lovely condition, I have always adored this bag, it's the shiny cloche and pretty cookie cutting that is the clincher for me.

You can never go wrong with red and the scribbly patent is fabulous goes with everything. Totally agree with Ria that it really durable. I have the purse and pouch and they have been brilliant, both still look as good as new :biggrin:

I've also been pruning, can't think what else I can bear to cut back on but desperately want a lambskin Chanel flap. The prices have been going up like crazy so think it will be a pre-loved now.

Enjoy your beautiful collection.

Last edited: