Returning my Yellow/SS MAB :(

rileyroow07

Nov 11, 2007
Hey everyone, I'm returning my much awaited and anticipated yellow/ss MAB to JC Madison.

It looked so good in the photos to me, but in person I just didn't like it as much. I didn't like the silver. I would have liked it a lot better if it was all yellow. Has anybody else received theirs? What do you think?

I would have taken pics and posted but I'm in the middle of moving and I can't find my camera!

I didn't have the yellow one but I know what you mean - I had ordered Dusty/Silver Spot Steady and was a little taken aback at how the silver spot looked at first. I eventually decided I liked it with the Dusty but I am not too sure how it would look with the yellow and I think I would have preferred the steady in Dusty without it.

I think there are still some all-yellow MA and MAM out there but they are from last season with the studs.

Thanks guys,

It's really hard to explain. The silver spot just doesn't look good to me. Dare I say, I think it kinda cheapens the look? Makes it look too blingly, but not classy blingy...kinda unclassy blingy? I'm just not in love with it I guess, and if I'm going to pay full price I want to LOVE it!! :smile:

^^I know what you mean. That was a bit how I felt as well. For the bag I checked out I think ultimately it works okay with the Dusty b/c the Dusty color is understated, but it was rather bright and blingy, much moreso than in the picture. So for me the yellow plus the silver spot would be too much. I'm kind of conservative with my bag colors though so I am sure it would probably work well on someone else, just for me and what I usually wear it would not be quite right.

Did you consider looking for just a yellow MA? Do you like the yellow color?

Thanks so much for the review. I wish I could see your pics but you did save me tons of $$ as that was my next buy. I guess I will save my money for the Monterey and eco line. I hope you find just the RM bag for you though, sending good bag karma your way....

I got mine today, too! However, I really like the silver/yellow combination. I don't think its blingy or loud, but the silver does sparkle/shimmer. I think its quite subtle, though.

I do, however, have a few uncertainties regarding the bag. I can't decide if the MAB size is too big for this color combo (and yet, I'm not sure I want a mini). I really wish there was an in between size.

The silver part of the bag is like a yellow suede with silver dots dusted across the suede in diagonal lines -- so it seems like a delicate material that could get dirty easily. Its on the handles and the bottom of the bag.

I need to try it on with some other outfits, right now, it doesn't look good with what I'm wearing, so its not helping.

The yellow isn't bright - but its more on the mustardy side.

Ok - I think I've figured out what is wrong with this bag. It doesn't look good with my coloring! Even after I changed - it just looked blah on me.

So, thats one thing to consider before ordering this bag. Do you look good in mustard yellow? If not, you probably won't like this bag.

Yeh, I thought I ordered the Dusty MAM but it turned out to be Dusty with silver spot - and I returned it.

I don't like the silver spot being on the handle...it makes it easy to break it seems like...knowing the handles on these bags are already delicate...with that material, I think I will break it only after several usages.

^^I know what you mean. That was a bit how I felt as well. For the bag I checked out I think ultimately it works okay with the Dusty b/c the Dusty color is understated, but it was rather bright and blingy, much moreso than in the picture. So for me the yellow plus the silver spot would be too much. I'm kind of conservative with my bag colors though so I am sure it would probably work well on someone else, just for me and what I usually wear it would not be quite right.

Did you consider looking for just a yellow MA? Do you like the yellow color?

I love yellow as a color, and am dying for a yellow bag to wear this spring/summer. I do like the yellow on this bag, but not as much as other yellows. This is more of a mustardy yellow, and while it's pretty, I think I prefer more of a sunshiny yellow. Maybe the MAB from the resort line? Except I didn't like the studs.