Returning my speedy after finding this:

KatherineO

lovely<3
Jul 3, 2010
*I originally posted this on my "Still undecided" thread but I felt I needed to start a fresh thread since I'm asking a totally new question.

Little background: Purchased this bag on July 1st. Was still very undecided on the size. In the store the 35 looks good on me but wasn't sure when I got home. The only time this bag has been taken out of it's dust bag was to take the picture I posted in the "still undecided" thread. The only thing that has ever been put in this bag was my wallet to see the sagginess of the bag. After I took the picture I folded the bag back the way it was when I purchased it and put it back in the dust bag. Looking at that original picture and reading the opinions the this board I decided I did really like my purchase. I went to take it out today to officially switch everything from my red bag to my new LV bag and that's when I noticed the flaws.

There are pictures below to go show you what I'm describing in the following paragraph.

The area's that I'm talking about are circled. In the red lining you can see what seems to be a defect or flaw because it looks like there isn't enough threading. You can also see the 2 white dots. I know they are small but for as much as this bag cost I kind of expect it to be perfect when it's first purchased. To the left of the LV on the lock it's all scratched up. The picture of the handle shows that the right side is creased and wrinkled where as the left side is not and then there is a close up of the creasing on the right side.

I am really, really disappointed with this bag. I have a feeling it's a used bag. I am returning it to the store for that reason. I called and spoke with my SA and she was so apologetic and told me to come in or mail her the bag (since I'm over 3 hours away) but a friend happens to be going out that way tomorrow and has offered to drive me to the Louis Vuitton Store. She said she's pretty sure they will be able to take back my bag. I thought about exchanging but this was my first LV purchase and now I have a sour taste in my mouth. :yucky:

Would this bother anyone else? Has anyone else gotten a bag home only to discover flaws like these? Would you be upset if you found out you were carrying a returned bag? (I know there are other threads that talk about some of these issues and I did look through them and was going to post on one of those but some of those havent had responses since 09)

Attachments

• LouisVuitton2.jpg
    LouisVuitton2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 604
  • LouisVuitton4.jpg
    LouisVuitton4.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 713
  • LouisVuitton3.jpg
    LouisVuitton3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 646
  • LouisVuitton5.jpg
    LouisVuitton5.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 609
  • LouisVuitton6.jpg
    LouisVuitton6.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:

joyceluvsbags

Apr 1, 2010
Hey, when did you buy it? I would be mad if I knew I was carrying a returned and used bag for sure.

The crease on the handles does look like a flaw to me. Good luck, and be sure to inspect the new one you get really good, cuz LV will put a note on your account if you do alot of exchanges, even if the bags are flawed. I know because its happened to someone here on TPF.

KatherineO

lovely<3
Jul 3, 2010
Thank You. I just bought it on July 1st. I've been so undecided about the size that I had been keeping it in the dust bag and went to take it out today for it's official use and when I inspected it that's what I found. I'm pretty disappointed. Like I said I don't even know I'll do an exchange or if I'll just return it because this has definitely left with a bad taste in my mouth.

joyceluvsbags

Apr 1, 2010
Katherine, I really hope you give LV another chance... this kinda stuff can happen with any other designer. Some people will buy a bag and use it for a week and then take it back for what ever reason. And stores will not throw the bag out, they need to sell it, so this is bound to happen.

I really like LV because unlike Gucci and Fendi, it never goes on sale and will last you a really really long time.

What size is your speedy? I really like it in ebene with the red, I am saving for a Trevi, but let me tell you I am tempted to go get a 35 right meow!! :lolots:

Mimster

Jul 20, 2009
Return the bag if you are not happy. Unfortunately there are people who buy a bag, use it and then return it. Just make sure that you inspect the bag carefully before leaving the store.

This is just one more story where I really want LV to put some sort of tag on their bags.

5babies4me

Jul 29, 2009
Do you like deals? (hmm, I sound like a street watch seller)... Anyway, if you decided that you like the bag, then maybe you can negotiate a discount for an obviously used bag. They need to sell it, you get a better deal.

Otherwise, I would return the one in your hand and exchange for a pristine, double checked over one.

I can appreciate feeling disappointed in this situation, but Louis Vuitton is an exceptional, high quality brand. Unfortunately, these things can sometimes slip past.

Good luck.:hugs:

VernisLUV

starbucks addict
Jun 7, 2010
I'm sorry this happened to you, OP. I will be furious if this happend to me!! :mad:

Although I do check the items before I purchase, I think somethings are still easy to be missed... The crease looks like it's in the inner side of the handles? I should make sure to check that part next time.... :hrmm: