Returning a fake - package coming back to me?!

Bitstuff

O.G.
Mar 23, 2007
I've filed a chargeback claim with my credit card company in order to have a payment for a fake reversed. They asked me to return the item to the sender.

I can see from tracking information that it's in the process of being returned to the sender: me. I don't know the reason yet, but it could be either that it was refused at the door, or the address on the shipping docs I got when I signed for the original package, was fake.

Do you know what will happen to the chargeback claim now? I'm afraid of calling them and having them say that oops, since you didn't manage to return the item, we can't help you.

I bought the thing off ebay but didn't pay via paypal and my only option is a chargeback. I've done everything as they've requested, jumped through all the right hoops and would really hate to have the whole thing fail due to a returned package.

Wow. Sorry this has happened to you! Maybe you can refuse delivery ... this way the bag is not in your possession. I am sure others will chime in and know exactly what you should do. Good luck:smile:

Well... perhaps if you call the PO in the zip code that you sent the package back to, they can apprise as to WHY the package is being returned. It would help to know if package was refused or if the shipping address is not a valid address.
Was this an ebay listing, a website...? If you can give info about the source you purchased from, maybe we can track down further info..??

It was an eBay listing. Long removed now. The item was sent from China, much to my suprise, mind you, and that is where I returned it. I googled the address and at least on street level, it does exist. I think it's being returned to my home address and as I'm at work, they'll leave a note which I can just ignore.

There was plenty of contact before shipping. After that - nothing. The phone number and address she'd registered under weren't hers. I googled both and called the number. No response to emails. There is no way I can contact the seller. In any case, her address was not the shipping address, as the goods were shipped from China. I wish I had refused the package at the door, but I've never had a reason to check the sender's address on delivery so didn't do that then either. I had paid via Google checkout and according to them, as I was told after I reported her, the seller will not be doing business through Google in the future. Unfortunately they don't do refunds so a chargeback is the only option.

I'm not desperate for the funds, but I'd like to get them back, you know.

I believe that it doesn't matter if the seller refuses the package - as long as you can provide tracking info that you sent it to the address, you should be successful in your claim. This is how it works for Paypal at least.

Hey, something similar happened to me with paypal before. I bought a dress from a flakey seller who sent me the wrong size. I returned the dress, but the seller had moved, and there was no way to contact her at all. The package came back to me as returned post. I escalated my dispute to a claim, and after she didn't respond, paypal returned the money to my account w/o her having said anything. I would suspect that creditcard companies are even better than paypal at chargebacks, right?

Oh, and in my case, I got to keep the dress and the money, because the seller literally dropped off the earth!!! I hope that's not bad...

Last edited:
I got my chargeback! Three days ago and I only noticed it today!

I'm so relieved. Take that, fakers :boxing: You just lost $600!

I don't know where my fake boots are, probably sitting in a post office somewhere. My communication with the card company ended with my posting all the paperwork about the transaction and communication with the seller.

I got my chargeback! Three days ago and I only noticed it today!

I'm so relieved. Take that, fakers :boxing: You just lost $600!

I don't know where my fake boots are, probably sitting in a post office somewhere. My communication with the card company ended with my posting all the paperwork about the transaction and communication with the seller.
Don't gloat too much until you know the refund hass gone through for sure/sure. (I'd say 4-6 weeks) Just in case the fakers contest the chargeback. But let's hope you really did win this case!! Don't want to get bashed for this, but that's another good reason not to buy from China (fakes, fakes, fakes)