Returned without contact?

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
Hi ladies!
I sold a bag earlier this month. My listing stated "no returns". Today, I received the bag in the mail, still with the tags on it. The buyer never contacted me and never opened up a paypal claim. There is no note in the package and the original "Thank you" note I send with my bags was in the box.
The seller definitely received the item and this isn't a return from the post office because it has been repackaged. The bag was sent back to me via ups and i had sent the bag via usps.

The weirdest part is that the bag wasn't actually returned to me! It was returned to my neighbor who I got the box from. I had covered their shipping label with my shipping label. The only reason I got the bag back was because my neighbor knows that I sell bags.

Also, the bag has a scratch in the hardware that wasn't there when I sent it. Perhaps it got scratched when the buyer was deciding whether she likes the bag or not, because the bag hasn't been used.

Umm what should I do?

Yes! My neighbor signed for it because it was sent to her.
When I had sent the bag, I paid for signature upon delivery also.

I also just remembered that when the woman had bought the bag, it took her like 6 days to pay for it!

Wow, I wouldn't ever send an item back without working out the details of a return/refund first with the seller. That's just bizarre. I'd either wait for her to contact you first or just contact her and ask her what's up.

I am sure since she put tracking and signature required, she is watching it.
With the way Paypal is working now I am sure even with your no return policy, she would have fought to return it and I would contact her, otherwise she will open a case and you will have your Paypal account put on hold.

I would contact her try to resolve it before paypal may attempt to put your funds on

hold for this transaction and I would be curious as to why she returned without

contacting you.. what is that all about?

Well, technically, you did not sign for the bag your neighbor did because it was sent to her, not you. As far as you know, you have not received anything:shrugs:. And of course that would be dishonest and I'm sure you would not try to pull that with Paypal or the buyer. It's not fair to have to return something without at least an explanation.