returned outlet bag (w/ receipt) to FP store, but no GWP after buying a FP bag....

lubbtoshop

~live, laugh, love~
Jul 6, 2010
i bought a brown op art maggie from the outlet and returned her to a FP store and bought a gunmetal julia ~ i know the GWP is going on, but i didn't get one :sad::shrugs: is it because the difference i paid was *less* than 200? the bag was 298.......

should i go back in and ask or will they give me a hard time?

thanks, september24 ~ i understood what ya meant, no worries! :smile:

i think it originally changed from $200 poppy purchase to *any* $200 purchase ~ i even saw that macy's is doing this, too....

all your ladies input is greatly appreciated! (i am brand new to the forum, but a coach lover....!)

I'd ask because maybe the SA just forgot to give it to you. That happened to me. I bought a bag, left and after about 10 minutes realized I hadn't received my bangle. At first I was hesitant to go back in because I didn't want them to think I was just trying to get a second bangle out of them. I walked in and found the same SA that helped me. I asked him if my purchase qualified for the GWP. As soon as I said that he was like, oh I forgot to give you your gift. He was very apologetic and rushed over to the counter and got one. Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to go back and ask. And, it is any $200 purchase, not just poppy.

This happened to me once too, the SA just forgot to give me the GWP and I had to remind her after the sale was completed. She did go back into the computer and must have made a notation that the GWP was given to me.

thanks so much, ladies!

i am going to head over tonite and hopefully find the same SA ~ hopefully it *was* just an oversight ~ i'll use my 'glare' if i have to ~ lol

actually, when i was working there for prior GWP there was someone who was in the exact same situation as you except their bag was defective and so we decided to change it out after sending it in and the problem not being fixed.
my manager asked me why i gave the GWP since it was an exchange and he didn't spend 200 over.

just my experience tho

Interesting topic, yesterday I was at the coach outlet and I saw a woman returning a FP bag with the GWP (Poppy wristlet) for a merchandise credit. I was wondering if she will get any amount added to her merch credit for returning the free gift. Anyone know?