Returned or substandard bags

Firstly .... A huge apology MOO, for hijacking your thread last week. I promise you that it wasn't in the least bit intentional. Thank you for allowing this to carry on and for being so gracious ! :ty:

But... I have a final update for you lovely ladies.:flowers:

After my emails being 'blocked' as unsolicited mail, I decided to use eBay messaging to make contact. I explained that I wasn't giving up and that I would report her to eBay and her local police station.

Total change of attitude from this moment onwards....

Apparently, her fiancé had advised her to offer a partial refund, further negotiations produced an offer of a full refund once she'd received the returned bags. Hm, no bags and no money??? I refused and repeated my intention to report her. Then came a compromise of 50% refund before returning the bags, 50% upon receipt at her work address.

I felt that this was reasonable, better to lose 50% than 100%, so I took one final gamble and FORTUNATELY FOR ME, the seller repaid my money in full!

I know I'm pretty lucky, in spite of my own stupidity and it's only thanks to your backing that I felt strong enough to see this through.

Again , I've been overwhelmed with your kind wishes and support and cannot begin to thank you enough for your thoughtful input. Hoping I can help each and every one of you in some small way one day , too.

:ty::urock::tpfrox:

Sorry again MOO and :back2topic:

Dont know what happened Beaver but am glad you have your money back the police station threat usually does it.:roflmfao:

Hiya guys, :smile: I wonder if anyone can help me, any advice would be much appreciated :smile:
I have purchased an oversized alexa from ebay it comes with a receipt etc, however having found the other forum about sustandard bags I have found out the one I have just purchsed is from an outlet, and is substandard, which is very dissapointing, as it was a present from my parents for my 18th birthday and I have always wanted an o/s alexa but could never afford a brand new one. The seller did not disclose this to me when I bought it which is why I'm rather concerned. It hasn't been dispatched yet but i have paid through paypal. I really don't know what to do. I don't know if you can disscuss prices on here, but I don't suppose anyone could tell me what a sub o/s alexa would cost in an outlet. I maybe worried about nothing as it may be an almost perfect bag but I can't help getting nervous :/ Thank you for any advice :smile:

Firstly .... A huge apology MOO, for hijacking your thread last week. I promise you that it wasn't in the least bit intentional. Thank you for allowing this to carry on and for being so gracious ! :ty:

But... I have a final update for you lovely ladies.:flowers:

After my emails being 'blocked' as unsolicited mail, I decided to use eBay messaging to make contact. I explained that I wasn't giving up and that I would report her to eBay and her local police station.

Total change of attitude from this moment onwards....

Apparently, her fiancé had advised her to offer a partial refund, further negotiations produced an offer of a full refund once she'd received the returned bags. Hm, no bags and no money??? I refused and repeated my intention to report her. Then came a compromise of 50% refund before returning the bags, 50% upon receipt at her work address.

I felt that this was reasonable, better to lose 50% than 100%, so I took one final gamble and FORTUNATELY FOR ME, the seller repaid my money in full!

I know I'm pretty lucky, in spite of my own stupidity and it's only thanks to your backing that I felt strong enough to see this through.

Again , I've been overwhelmed with your kind wishes and support and cannot begin to thank you enough for your thoughtful input. Hoping I can help each and every one of you in some small way one day , too.

:ty::urock::tpfrox:

Sorry again MOO and :back2topic:

Really thrilled for you hun that this unsavoury business is now at an end and circumstances finally fell in your favour - and well done for being such a tenacious and resolute beaver - it certainly paid off!:biggrin:

Just wondering if this thread ever takes into account that perhaps owners selling on their bags aren't aware that they have a "sub" bag if it's given as a gift etc.
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the forum.

The idea behind this thread is to ensure that buyers can make an informed choice regarding their purchase. It is down to the inividual to contact the seller to ask what the fault is with the bag, if they know, decide if the price reflects this and proceed with their purchase from there.

Whilst there are sellers who may be unaware they are selling a substandard bag, there are equally sellers who knowingly try to sell these bags on as perfects.

:smile:

Dear all, just wondering if all substandard bags and returns will be stamped? If yes, what should I be looking out for and where are the stamps usually located? I suspect my zigzag from Cheshire Oaks is a substandard but I am unable to locate any "0" or "00" stamp. Thanks!

Dear all, just wondering if all substandard bags and returns will be stamped? If yes, what should I be looking out for and where are the stamps usually located? I suspect my zigzag from Cheshire Oaks is a substandard but I am unable to locate any "0" or "00" stamp. Thanks!

Hiya, not all bags at outlets are subs, some are just end of line bags. So there may not be any 0 or 00 stamps in your bag.

It will be located on your leather Mulberry label inside your bag. It's a indentation made by a metal stamp