Returned my Hamptons berry carryall today, and my take on the new Legacy

Jul 25, 2007
After getting two chelsea satchels in pebbled leather, which I love on those bags, I wasnt feeling the Hamptons carryall as much anymore. So I went to the store to check out the new Legacy line in person. I do like it; I also do see how its does not compare to the old Legacy leather and styles. They should have just named this line something different and we wouldnt be so critical of it!!! I think the leather is nice, and the shineyness is more apparent with some colors that others (specifically, I felt the brown, black and bronze looked REALLY shiney, whereas the amethyst, gray and bottle green didnt). I really liked the gray and bottle green colors the best, and I liked the shape/size/hardware on the shoulder flap. This bag also appeared to be holding its shape the best, without drooping much. I dont have any gray bags, so even though I would have liked it to be a shade or two darker, I thought this bag looked really stunning in gray. I also got the matching mini skinny, which is just adorable. This bag doesnt have the Legacy lining, it has a pretty blue satin, but the mini skinny does - go figure!! Overall I think the line is nicely done. I did see how some of the larger bags were starting to "puddle" on the display, which I guess it due to the thinner leather. I also really liked the Bridgit! I tried it on and was surprised at the size. Still not big enough for me for every day, but I did consider it for a minute!

Attachments

• gray legay shoulder flap 001.jpg
    gray legay shoulder flap 001.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 254
  • gray legay shoulder flap 004.jpg
    gray legay shoulder flap 004.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 135
  • gray legay shoulder flap 005.jpg
    gray legay shoulder flap 005.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 76
  • gray legay shoulder flap 006.jpg
    gray legay shoulder flap 006.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 95
I agree - they should have gave the line a different name. I wonder if it cheaper to use a plain lining instead of the legacy pattern?
Well - anyway - your bag is beautiful - I love grey!