Returned from Hawaii with BV in hand!!!!!!

Olympia177

O.G.
Oct 17, 2007
I am sure all of you BV lovers can relate to my complete and total feeling of excitement and happiness.....all I can say is YAY!!!! FINALLY!!!!! I landed in Hawaii and practically headed straight for BV. I am SO glad I waited to try bags on as I found the Sloane, while incredibly beautiful (they had it in ferro....swoon!), way too bulky and cumbersome for me. I looked at all the colors, tried on lots of bags and just enjoyed looking at everything. I even looked at the exotic skin bags, even though I had less than no intention of buying anything in ostrich or python. They were fun to look at though. I even tried on jewelry, shoes and sunglasses. Hey, I was there so I figured why not??? My SA was really SO very nice and helpfully showed me anything I wanted to see. In the end, I played it somewhat safe and went with a medium veneta in ebano....what a GORGEOUS color, especially in person. I can see why it is a classic. I wavered between the nero and ebano but that warm brown just called to me so I took it. I also bought 2 wallets!!!! A large zip-around wallet, also in ebano, and a smaller one in a color that is exclusive to Hawaii (I am not sure of the name but will see if I can find it somewhere) which is a metallic silvery color - totally beautiful:drool:. I also took note of an amazing silver bangle bracelet that is actually woven strips of silver, NOT stamped...my birthday is at the end of Jan so I oh-so-helpfully "suggested" it to my husband:graucho:. I totally adore all my purchases and they are worth all the waitng I did!!! BTW, I also saw the ottone....OMG, I LOVE it!!!!! I would love to get something in that, but I will have to control myself for now. It is simply amazing IRL. I am going to take pics right now of my things and post pics today! :yahoo:

Aaahhh, I can feel your excitment through the PC screen Olympia!!! Isn't it the best to try everything possible at a boutique? Can't wait to see all the pics especially the exclusive colour!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Ok, I have my pix all taken and ready and I CANNOT find the UB cable and stuff to connect to the computer!!! ARGHH:cursing:!!!! It is in my luggage somewhere, I will have to get DH to help me dig through the stuff. As soon as I get the connecting pieces, up go the pix (I even took some long overdue ones of my karung knot clutch)! The name of the exclusive Hawaii color is, I believe, "Almature"...the SA pronounced it "All-Ma-Too-Ray"...when I asked. If anyone knows more definately, please chime in!

C_24 - I went to both Ala Moana and the Kalakaua store on Waikiki, but did my shopping at the Kalakaua location.

Pix are coming........

Syma, I saw the fab, amazing, unbelievable Cabat...gorgeous....wish I could afford the price tag! Also, an evening clutch, not a knot...similar to the cosmetic bag, but bigger...had I been able to, I would have brought that baby home as well....words really fail me to describe it! I wish they were not discontinuing the Ottone....by the time I am able to gather up the funds for it, they'll be gone:sad:....unless Ana can work some magic!

Yeah!!! It's so nice to hear about a successful long awaited shopping trip to BV. I can't wait to hear about the exclusive color--sounds lovely! The ebano is really a luscious color, so good choice on the veneta!

Olympia177, it sounds like you had a blast in Hawaii and at the BV store! Love your excitement. I can totally relate. Post pics of your purchases when you can. Can't wait to see the metallic color!