Do you consider this bracelet tacky?

• Yes

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 57 75.0%
  • Only if you are over 30 y/o

Votes: 11 14.5%

• Total voters
Thinking to buy this bracelet, I wanted to have one since I was a teenager but I'm worried it could look tacky on me as a almost 40 years old mum .

Rock it! If you’ve wanted it that long and still love it, go for it! I have a friend who is a 53-year-old mother of grown children and she looks great in her Tiffany chunky toggle necklace.

I see you’ve done a few posts contemplating Tiffany silver and concern it looks too “young”. While I do think these pieces were popular with younger people a few decades ago, imho they’ll never go out of style. The chunky link is classic.

BUT if it worries you, don’t do it. Either go for it and love it no matter others’ perceptions, or find another piece that brings you joy.

I’m 51 and wear Tiffany silver every day. My wedding set is white gold and watch is stainless steel, and appreciate that Tiffany silver is quality jewelry in classic styles that I don’t have to shell out a fortune for and is quite carefree for my lifestyle.

51C3B977-B104-41A4-8FFF-529767A17077.jpeg

Rock it! If you’ve wanted it that long and still love it, go for it! I have a friend who is a 53-year-old mother of grown children and she looks great in her Tiffany chunky toggle necklace.

I see you’ve done a few posts contemplating Tiffany silver and concern it looks too “young”. While I do think these pieces were popular with younger people a few decades ago, imho they’ll never go out of style. The chunky link is classic.

BUT if it worries you, don’t do it. Either go for it and love it no matter others’ perceptions, or find another piece that brings you joy.

I’m 51 and wear Tiffany silver every day. My wedding set is white gold and watch is stainless steel, and appreciate that Tiffany silver is quality jewelry in classic styles that I don’t have to shell out a fortune for and is quite carefree for my lifestyle.

View attachment 5439515
Love the micro bracelet. Wearing it everyday too!

Reactions: foxgal
Long story. When I was growing up, we didn't have a Tiffany store in my home country (and to be honest, no one from the people I knew back then would have been able to afford anything Tiffany at that time). Of course, I've heard about Tiffany brand - probably from the US movies, but since I've never been to the store, when I was watching movies like Legally Blonde - I wouldn't even know that was a Tiffany bracelet. Fastforward to 2010s when I started studying at the university. One of the courses I took was tought by a professor who looked just amazing, expensive af. She was probably 40-something, perfect skin and hair, always dressed in a simple, minimalistic style - understated elegance (only neutrlas - no prints or patterns, simple classic cuts - not too tight, not too loose - everything just perfect, just right). The only pieces of jewelry she used to wear was a watch (also very simple and classic) and a Return to Tiffany bracelet (although it was with the round tag, not the heart one - and it was an old version, it's been discountined now forever). It looked sooo good on her, it complemented and completed all of her outfits. I immediately fell in love with her style and wanted to dress just like her, so naturally I became obsessed with the bracelet (eventually, I got it a few years later - it was my first luxury piece of jewelry I bought for myself a few months after I started my first job - probably spent on it pretty much everything I managed to earn in those few months, too). I only learnt that this bracelet might be considered tacky a couple years later after I got it - maybe when I rewathced some of the 90s movies, like Legally Blonde again. At first I also started to worry if I spent so much money on an outdated piece that most people find no longer tasteful. But then, I figured - it all depends on your overall style. If you normally dress like a teenager in tight pink sweaters and short skirts, the bracelet will look tacky on you for sure. But if your overall style is classy and expensive, the bracelet can only complement your look. So if you love it, and if it agrees with your wardrobe - just get it, don't worry about what some people might think. They probably have this perception of the bracelet because they've only seen it worn with tacky overall style - but it actually has nothing to do with the bracelet itself, just the style of people who styled it that way.

Last edited:
Long story. When I was growing up, we didn't have a Tiffany store in my home country (and to be honest, no one from the people I knew back then would have been able to afford anything Tiffany at that time). Of course, I've heard about Tiffany brand - probably from the US movies, but since I've never been to the store, when I was watching movies like Legally Blonde - I wouldn't even know that was a Tiffany bracelet. Fastforward to 2010s when I started studying at the university. One of the courses I took was tought by a professor who looked just amazing, expensive af. She was probably 40-something, perfect skin and hair, always dressed in a simple, minimalistic style - understated elegance (only neutrlas - no prints or patterns, simple classic cuts - not too tight, not too loose - everything just perfect, just right). The only pieces of jewelry she used to wear was a watch (also very simple and classic) and a Return to Tiffany bracelet (although it was with the round tag, not the heart one - and it was an old version, it's been discountined now forever). It looked sooo good on her, it complemented and completed all of her outfits. I immediately fell in love with her style and wanted to dress just like her, so naturally I became obsessed with the bracelet (eventually, I got it a few years later - it was my first luxury piece of jewelry I bought for myself a few months after I started my first job - probably spent on it pretty much everything I managed to earn in those few months, too). I only learnt that this bracelet might be considered tacky a couple years later after I got it - maybe when I rewathced some of the 90s movies, like Legally Blonde again. At first I also started to worry if I spent so much money on an outdated piece that most people find no longer tasteful. But then, I figured - it all depends on your overall style. If you normally dress like a teenager in tight pink sweaters and short skirts, the bracelet will look tacky on you for sure. But if your overall style is classy and expensive, the bracelet can only complement your look. So if you love it, and if it agrees with your wardrobe - just get it, don't worry about what some people might think. They probably have this perception of the bracelet because they've only seen it worn with tacky overall style - but it actually has nothing to do with the bracelet itself, just the style of people who styled it that way.

Well said! And a great story!

This is from my 40th birthday a few years ago. I’m also a mom too. Still after all the years I have had it I am enjoying it. If you love it wear it and enjoy it. Life is too short to worry what others think. I also own the matching necklace, earrings and a Tiffany charm bracelet.

DeView attachment 5577032
Definitely agree with this! And I think it's time to get out my Return To bracelet and wear it--I have a Venetian chain bracelet on all the time--Tiffany is timeless. (Love your dress and oooh--that drink! :tup:)