Return to NM via FedEx?

Apr 30, 2011
Hi everyone. Long story short, I got my mom a so black boy from NM and she decided she doesn't want it because she doesn't want me spending so much money on her. It was a surprise for her birthday. The SA who shipped it to me was extremely nice; I don't want her to miss a sale because of a return. My question is, will it go back directly to her or will it go to my nearest NM? I've never returned anything to NM via mail before so I just would like to make sure. If it won't go back to the SA I purchased it from it would be easier for me to return it to my local NM. Thanks in advance for any insight on this!

Hi everyone. Long story short, I got my mom a so black boy from NM and she decided she doesn't want it because she doesn't want me spending so much money on her. It was a surprise for her birthday. The SA who shipped it to me was extremely nice; I don't want her to miss a sale because of a return. My question is, will it go back directly to her or will it go to my nearest NM? I've never returned anything to NM via mail before so I just would like to make sure. If it won't go back to the SA I purchased it from it would be easier for me to return it to my local NM. Thanks in advance for any insight on this!

I personally would just return it to my local Neiman's. So many things can happen en route to the originating store and such a big purchase makes me nervous. I would also call the SA to inform her of the return as a courtesy.

I personally would just return it to my local Neiman's. So many things can happen en route to the originating store and such a big purchase makes me nervous. I would also call the SA to inform her of the return as a courtesy.

You bring up a great point. I always fear of something happening so I normally just return whatever it is to my local store instead of mailing. I have only done it a few times and I am always anxious until my return has been processed. I just feel bad because I know it's a really hot item and the SA will lose their commission if I return it to my local store.

✨PLEASE RETURN THE SO-BLACK BOY TO ITS ORIGINAL LOCATION!!✨✨

All of the Chanel merchandise I have ever purchased over-the-phone from Neiman Marcus/Bergdorf Goodman arrives with a FedEx return shipping label. [If you did not receive one, please contact the SA that sold you this handbag and they will send you one, on their dime, via email.] I strongly suggest you ship this so-black Boy back to the ✨original✨ SA that sold it to you.

By returning this limited edition handbag to your local Neiman Marcus handbag department, not only does the original NM location lose the forecasted sale, pre-determined budgets and profits for that location are at risk, and more importantly, the SA loses a very significant sale, especially since this so-black Boy is such a highly coveted item. Further, other customers on the potential waitlist for this so-black Boy at the original Neimans where you have purchased this handbag, also lose. Not to mention, you may seriously jeopardize any future relationship with this SA, one that sold you a handbag that is in extremely high demand.

It's a lose-lose-lose situation for all should you just return this bag to a random Neiman Marcus handbag department. Honestly, if it was any other bag, I would probably be less concerned.

FedEx is the most secure of shipping options. And you can track the delivery yourself of each step in the process online.

However, if you feel so very unsure about the safety of its delivery, my second suggestion would be to return the handbag to the Customer Service Department at your local Neimans (NOT the Chanel handbag department as they will snatch-up this so-black Boy and sell it as their own faster than you can blink; and this is truly not fair game), and request that "they" [Customer Service] ship the so-black Boy back to its original "home". I have returned BG merchandise through my local NM Customer Service Department many times.

Please consider the losses to "your" SA, their livelihood, the location that employs them, and those that have been patiently waiting for their name to be called from that so-black Boy waitlist.

You were just given perfect advice above. If you are to scared to ship on your own, have customer service ship back to original location.It's only fair so your SA doesn't lose the commission.

[emoji92]PLEASE RETURN THE SO-BLACK BOY TO ITS ORIGINAL LOCATION!![emoji92][emoji92]

All of the Chanel merchandise I have ever purchased over-the-phone from Neiman Marcus/Bergdorf Goodman arrives with a FedEx return shipping label. [If you did not receive one, please contact the SA that sold you this handbag and they will send you one, on their dime, via email.] I strongly suggest you ship this so-black Boy back to the [emoji92]original[emoji92] SA that sold it to you.

By returning this limited edition handbag to your local Neiman Marcus handbag department, not only does the original NM location lose the forecasted sale, pre-determined budgets and profits for that location are at risk, and more importantly, the SA loses a very significant sale, especially since this so-black Boy is such a highly coveted item. Further, other customers on the potential waitlist for this so-black Boy at the original Neimans where you have purchased this handbag, also lose. Not to mention, you may seriously jeopardize any future relationship with this SA, one that sold you a handbag that is in extremely high demand.

It's a lose-lose-lose situation for all should you just return this bag to a random Neiman Marcus handbag department. Honestly, if it was any other bag, I would probably be less concerned.

FedEx is the most secure of shipping options. And you can track the delivery yourself of each step in the process online.

However, if you feel so very unsure about the safety of its delivery, my second suggestion would be to return the handbag to the Customer Service Department at your local Neimans (NOT the Chanel handbag department as they will snatch-up this so-black Boy and sell it as their own faster than you can blink; and this is truly not fair game), and request that "they" [Customer Service] ship the so-black Boy back to its original "home". I have returned BG merchandise through my local NM Customer Service Department many times.

Please consider the losses to "your" SA, their livelihood, the location that employs them, and those that have been patiently waiting for their name to be called from that so-black Boy waitlist.

I always get a return label with BG orders but I don't think I have ever gotten one from NM phone orders. One time when I needed to return CJ I contacted my SA who told me to return it to my local NM or call the FedEx pick up number on the receipt. That's one of the reasons I made this thread, I wasn't sure if it would go directly to the SA I purchased it from or not. Thank you for your reply, you posted valid points that I totally agree with. I rarely return Chanel items and if I do I always make sure it goes back to the original SA that helped me. I have contacted the SA who has told me how to send it directly to her. Thank you all for your advice!

I always get a return label with BG orders but I don't think I have ever gotten one from NM phone orders. One time when I needed to return CJ I contacted my SA who told me to return it to my local NM or call the FedEx pick up number on the receipt. That's one of the reasons I made this thread, I wasn't sure if it would go directly to the SA I purchased it from or not. Thank you for your reply, you posted valid points that I totally agree with. I rarely return Chanel items and if I do I always make sure it goes back to the original SA that helped me. I have contacted the SA who has told me how to send it directly to her. Thank you all for your advice!
You are very welcome! :flowers:

Please know that I am not normally SO "passionate" [militant? lol] about subject matter on TPF. . . we're talkin' handbags, right?! It is definitely not world peace. :nuts: However, there have been special circumstances surrounding these 17S so-black Boys. [Please know that I completely concur with your costume jewelry return. Been there, done that myself. :smile:]

Bergdorf Goodman, for example, ONLY received 6 new medium size so-black Boys. Each of these 6 were pre-ordered by a specific customer months in advance. According to my BG SA, that's it! No more new medium size so-black Boys will become available and no more orders can be placed!! Should any of those 6 customers decline purchasing or return the Boy Bag after purchasing it, then that specific handbag will be offered to the first name from a long waiting list.

In the case of Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills, the location was allocated 6 old medium and 6 new medium so-black Boys without regard to customers' requests or the overall high demand. If you happened to call early enough for 1 of the 12 (total), you were offered the opportunity to purchase the bag. As number #7 on their "new medium" list, I never received a call. However, I had already made sure I had a Plan B and a plan C AND D!!

Recently posted to the "Finds" thread was a comment that the so-black Boy was not allowed to be posted for sale by any random TPF member as there is currently a nation-wide Saks waitlist for this bag.

It was for these reasons that I thought it best to comment above about the potential backlash behind not returning the so-black Boy to its original SA. It would be in very bad form since this is an EXTREMELY high demand handbag with VERY little supply out there.

Honestly, it makes me feel a bit perturbed that Chanel would release so few into the marketplace. And why is it that BG or Beverly Hills Saks, for that matter, cannot order more of this style when so many customers are seeking to purchase them??

Last edited:
Two years ago I was sent the wrong colored WOC by my SA at NM. She apologized and told me to write her name on the return box. I'd reach out to your SA and ask if there's any special instructions to send it back to her directly.

You are very welcome! :flowers:

Please know that I am not normally SO "passionate" [militant? lol] about subject matter on TPF. . . we're talkin' handbags, right?! It is definitely not world peace. :nuts: However, there have been special circumstances surrounding these 17S so-black Boys. [Please know that I completely concur with your costume jewelry return. Been there, done that myself. [emoji2]]

Bergdorf Goodman, for example, ONLY received 6 new medium size so-black Boys. Each of these 6 were pre-ordered by a specific customer months in advance. According to my BG SA, that's it! No more new medium size so-black Boys will become available and no more orders can be placed!! Should any of those 6 customers decline purchasing or return the Boy Bag after purchasing it, then that specific handbag will be offered to the first name from a long waiting list.

In the case of Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills, the location was allocated 6 old medium and 6 new medium so-black Boys without regard to customers' requests or the overall high demand. If you happened to call early enough for 1 of the 12 (total), you were offered the opportunity to purchase the bag. As number #7 on their "new medium" list, I never received a call. However, I had already made sure I had a Plan B and a plan C AND D!!

Recently posted to the "Finds" thread was a comment that the so-black Boy was not allowed to be posted for sale by any random TPF member as there is currently a nation-wide Saks waitlist for this bag.

It was for these reasons that I thought it best to comment above about the potential backlash behind not returning the so-black Boy to its original SA. It would be in very bad form since this is an EXTREMELY high demand handbag with VERY little supply out there.

Honestly, it makes me feel a bit perturbed that Chanel would release so few into the marketplace. And why is it that BG or Beverly Hills Saks, for that matter, cannot order more of this style when so many customers are seeking to purchase them??
I knew the so black boy is in demand but I didn't know that so few were given to Saks. My Saks SA happens to be at the Beverly Hills location. I'm so thankful now that she was just able to track one down for me from another Saks store. Thanks for sharing these info.

Reactions: Plumeria233