Return items to NM, help plz!!

Aug 17, 2006
hi, I made a few purchases at nm.com, and plan to return to stores soon. the credit card I used to make my purchase is from australia(issue bank is located in australia), and because fraud issue of my card before so I have canceled my credit card. A while after I moved to canada, so no longer have an account or anything related to that issue bank which is in australia. I called up NM toll free to find out if there is any way to refund me to different credit card or offer me check(as I told them, I can always show them my ID)...but they all said NO, can only refund to original card. so can any one help me here? PLZ...:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I am so desperate right now. Because I live in canada right now, and will travel to states just to do return. And what Phone rep told me is they can do nothing besides refund me credit back to original card. But I no longer live in Australia, and have no accounts such in Australia anymore..if you can specify your case, and let me know when did it happen, I will see what can I do then...thank you a lot!!!!

^^^
They'll probably be reluctant to do it, but Nordstrom did it for me... I mean, come on, it's not like you didn't spend the money, you know? There's no reason they shouldn't be able to refund you for the money you spent.

Yeah...I know...that is my money, I have items and orders, they shouldn't say NO, but I just don't know if it is worth to travel all way to states just for doing return. They keep telling me, contact my issued bank, they will give you check, but australia is 10000+ mile away from toronto here, and I don't have an account there anymore...Nordie did it for me as well...but I am wondering if NM will do so...since they keep saying big NO NO NO to me...(I made 4 calls so far...and booked a flight next weekend...) Hope someone else who have experience from NM helping me...plz...:crybaby:
thank you girl!!

Yeah...I know...that is my money, I have items and orders, they shouldn't say NO, but I just don't know if it is worth to travel all way to states just for doing return. They keep telling me, contact my issued bank, they will give you check, but australia is 10000+ mile away from toronto here, and I don't have an account there anymore...Nordie did it for me as well...but I am wondering if NM will do so...since they keep saying big NO NO NO to me...(I made 4 calls so far...and booked a flight next weekend...) Hope someone else who have experience from NM helping me...plz...:crybaby:
thank you girl!!

if they say to contact the bank that issued the card, do it, even if you don't still have an account there. the bank should still cut you a check when the refund comes through.

and depending on how their store system is set up, it may not be up to them how they refund you. i work in a huge retail store, and there's absolutely no way for us to refund a credit card purchase back to cash. none. our computers don't allow it. it always defaults back to a credit refund, and our only other option is to refund it to store credit. if you can't get a refund back in cash, store credit might be your best option.

Thank you Amanda. There will be a trouble for me to contact my issued bank in Australia since I no longer live there...I don't even have billing address there....I don't know where check should go to and that's why I would prefer other refund method rather to original card. I will try to talk them into, see if they can refund me to different credit card, or might get gift card as well. Hope someone can share experiences with me so I will have better ideas before I travel there next week.

Thank you guys!! I will see what they can do for me. I don't mind to get gift card or refund to different credit card. I just hope they are not that strict at this point. Because online ppl and phone rep just keep telling me they can only refund to original card according to their policy!! I tried more than 6 times so far for past 4 days...still same answer...sigh!:Push:

When you return in person it might be a different scenario. If you show them your original receipt with the old address on it, your current driver's license to prove where you live now, they might be able to credit a different credit card instead. A manager can override those computers and if they can't, someone higher can.