Return Dilemma

jclaybo

Unbothered
Sep 5, 2013
I'm new here, hi! :smile:
Here's my dilemma, I've been an LV wearer for a few years but I haven't brought anything from the LV store before until last Saturday. All my purchases have been from eBay, eLuxury,etc. Last Saturday I purchased a NF in DE MM and just yesterday decided to pull it out to wear(I had tried wearing it the day I purchased to go to the movies with my son but didn't even leave the house because I was still unsure if it was the right bag for me). Needless to say I am not 100% in love with it, the straps just aren't long enough for my meaty arms:lol: So I decided this morning that I would return it and look at other styles for future purchase. WELL Low and behold just my luck the one day and 3 hours of wear that I decided to wear it I had put a bottle of water in my bag(Don't know why silly me just had to have a bottle of water)So this morning as I went to take my items out I opened the bag up and there was a water stain in the bottom of the bag!! ARGH! Will this just dry up? What can I do? Other than that the bag still has its shape from being laid flat in the drawers at the store, no wear on the straps or anything. I know I shouldn't have been so careless and yes I did wear the bag but not even for a full day, just to run a couple of errands yesterday like a test run and needless to say the bag just didn't work out for me. Thoughts?

I've never returned anything to LV but with a water mark I would suggest you keep the bag because it wasn't purchased defective. Reselling is also an option. Just my humble opinion. Goodluck!

I'm new here, hi! :smile:
Here's my dilemma, I've been an LV wearer for a few years but I haven't brought anything from the LV store before until last Saturday. All my purchases have been from eBay, eLuxury,etc. Last Saturday I purchased a NF in DE MM and just yesterday decided to pull it out to wear(I had tried wearing it the day I purchased to go to the movies with my son but didn't even leave the house because I was still unsure if it was the right bag for me). Needless to say I am not 100% in love with it, the straps just aren't long enough for my meaty arms:lol: So I decided this morning that I would return it and look at other styles for future purchase. WELL Low and behold just my luck the one day and 3 hours of wear that I decided to wear it I had put a bottle of water in my bag(Don't know why silly me just had to have a bottle of water)So this morning as I went to take my items out I opened the bag up and there was a water stain in the bottom of the bag!! ARGH! Will this just dry up? What can I do? Other than that the bag still has its shape from being laid flat in the drawers at the store, no wear on the straps or anything. I know I shouldn't have been so careless and yes I did wear the bag but not even for a full day, just to run a couple of errands yesterday like a test run and needless to say the bag just didn't work out for me. Thoughts?

Sorry to hear but if it has a stain they won't take it back. You could always try to sell on the places you've bought from.
I bought this bag and it didn't work out for me either so I had to sell mine for a loss but better than me keeping it in the closet with no use.

This topic has been brought up on numerous occasions, and there are always strong opinions from those who think you shouldn't return a bag if you've as much as had it on your shoulder for thirty seconds vs those who think you can wear it for two weeks, dust it down and pretend you haven't used it at all and leave it up to the staff at the LV store to determine whether it's in acceptable condition to be returned.

Quite honestly, I don't want to buy a bag that someone else has used, but a small water mark on fabric should dry up and disappear. You could buy something and it could rain while you're carrying it in the shopping bag. If you tried to return it, I doubt you'd have a problem.

I don't think it should be returned to store regardless of whether the stain completely disappears or not - it's not in the condition you bought it in.

Just as an aside, I spilt water in my Thames GM on Monday and it has stained the lining (quite badly and obviously in fact).

Thanks guys! Once I saw the water my heart immediately sank, obliviously my want would be to return it but first reaction was OMG will this water stain disapear, even if I keep the bag no one wants a stain in their bag, or if I sell on eBay the stain wouldn't be a good look. Needless to say I will refrain from returning and take a loss with eBay

Thanks guys! Once I saw the water my heart immediately sank, obliviously my want would be to return it but first reaction was OMG will this water stain disapear, even if I keep the bag no one wants a stain in their bag, or if I sell on eBay the stain wouldn't be a good look. Needless to say I will refrain from returning and take a loss with eBay

NF's are very popular so I would think you should do well selling it. You can also try some reseller sites and see what they offer....I've never carried water in my purse , I've always been too nervous it would spill in the bag....Maybe give it another try before you sell it..The NF is a great bag! Good luck with your decision...:smile:

:tup:

NF's are very popular so I would think you should do well selling it. You can also try some reseller sites and see what they offer....I've never carried water in my purse , I've always been too nervous it would spill in the bag....Maybe give it another try before you sell it..The NF is a great bag! Good luck with your decision...:smile:

+1 I never carried water in my bag. Have heard so many horror stories!
Some girls even put soda bottles in their bags!! :wtf:

One reason I hate the red lining in ebene bags. Runs, watermarks etc.. I have found do stay visible. Not to mention I love light colored and azur accessories.. so I always have to use purse inserts to make sure no red runs on my SLG's if I'm caught in rain, or my kid's juice box condensates etc.. ha ha. Anyhoo... :smile: no you shouldn't return it, however if it does happen to dry up perfectly for you, you can go in and tell them you tried it out for a couple hours but that it's still in perfect/sale-able condition (their criteria) and see if they oblige you or not. If not, definitely try eBay or resale as they do have great resale value. Maybe even wait to sell until after the next price increase. You'll probably recoup most of it for sure then. Good luck.

+1
And if it still does not work for you, LV will have another price increase reportedly in February, you might eventually sell in with very little or even no loss.

This topic has been brought up on numerous occasions, and there are always strong opinions from those who think you shouldn't return a bag if you've as much as had it on your shoulder for thirty seconds vs those who think you can wear it for two weeks, dust it down and pretend you haven't used it at all and leave it up to the staff at the LV store to determine whether it's in acceptable condition to be returned.

Quite honestly, I don't want to buy a bag that someone else has used, but a small water mark on fabric should dry up and disappear. You could buy something and it could rain while you're carrying it in the shopping bag. If you tried to return it, I doubt you'd have a problem.

yup, there have many discussions of the ethics of returning bags...