Return at coach outlet

May 17, 2008
CA
Hi all,
I have a question. Today, I just return a bag which i purchase couple months ago and never use. The SA ask for my ID to process the return. I think she put down my address in the system. So my question is Is that a normal procedure or the SA try to put me on a black list??:confused1: TIA guys:smile:

Sweet-Toad

Feb 24, 2009
Illinois
i no usually when you return an item(mostly any store), they need to see your ID to put your info down..
just my opinion. . .

shiashell79

Bags+More bags=bliss
Nov 24, 2008
Texas
I know coach keeps a lot of info about purchases that we make, but If you made the return without a reciept then I can understand why thy asked for that info, it is typical Loss Prevention procedures in any retail store.

peacocky

Flaunt your Fringe
Dec 7, 2005
many places ask for your id to keep track of non receipted returns, to prevent fraud and theft. If you do it repeatedly, you will be blacklisted.

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
Eastern Iowa
This was just asked a couple weeks ago. YES, Coach does always verify my address and email when I purchase as well as return, unless you're doing something shady you have nothing to worry about!!!

PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS AS I THINK YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING SHADY!!! Those that are doing such know who they are!!!

It's normal and standard procedure for everyone!! You're OK.

toby11

O.G.
Feb 23, 2009
Dallas
I've had lots of stores ask for ID with returns, even with receipts. I don't think it's any big deal. If you didn't have your receipt, almost every store will ask, but I don't think it has anything to do with any blacklisting, one return will certainly not be frowned upon.

Apr 28, 2008
I buy (and return/exchange!) from a lot of stores that ask for ID.
I always have my receipt!
It's just standard these days.

May 17, 2008
CA
Oh so it it normal!!! I do have the receipt when i do the return!!! The reason i return because that bag just sitting in my closet for months and i haven't use it yet! So i decide to return it!!!
Thank you so much u guys!!!!:smile: