Return after apple?

I say return it.

If a customer picks it up and doesn't mind it, then they'll buy it. If they believe it's been altered, then they'll move on. As far as I know, a customer may very well Apple the bag themselves after buying it and your aunt saved them the trouble.

Thats what I said! but she paid alot for it, it was pre 50% sales. It would actually end up losing money, like alot.

I actually want to go to Atlantic City anyway so Ill take it with me and just ask them, tell them it was conditioned and see what they say. At worst they will tell me its not returnable.

Let me know what they have!

When I buy a bag, the first thing I do before storing it in it's dustbag is to Apple it. I'm not a big returner, in fact I've only ever returned 2 things, so I don't tend to worry about this being a problem. I did return an pleated ergo hobo that I had already appled, because I decided the style didn't suite me like I had originally thought. The SA's didn't seem to notice, or if they did they didn't say anything, when the thoroughly checked the bag to make sure it was in unused condition.
After reading some of these replies, I kind of feel bad now for not mentioning it. It didn't even cross my mind that there might be a problem at the time of my return.

Coach conditioner contains silicone.
Apple doesn't.
Coach themselves say not to use their cond on Legacy bags.
They say not to use anything.
But, I think Apple is fine (even good for!) Legacy bags.
That seems to be the consensus here!

What does apple do to a Legacy bag? I've always gone by "use nothing."

On the older Legacy bags with the Vintage leather, it does wonders for it. Some of the colors really scratch easily. It literally takes all of the scratches out and conditions the bag well. Sometimes that leather can get very dry.

I used it on all of my older Legacy bags.