Retro Out Of Date??

No, I think she means out of date, as in not hip anymore....which do you mean?

I just re-read her post and she edited it from the way it originally was. When she asked originally, it seemed as if she was asking if she would still be able to buy it in the store.

But to the OP, no, it's not out of style..I don't really think any LV goes out of style.

I love the CB retros, and I still have all 3 of those (creme/red, pink/pink, brown/pink). All are mint and pristine and are my babies! I got rid of a lot of my CB pieces, and the ones that I decided to keep are the retros. I actually prefer the retro style over pap.

I missed out on the eye love retro (I esp like the black MC one), and judging by the prices on eBay now, I think I'll never get one, so I just have to be happy with my CB ones, LOL!

I just re-read her post and she edited it from the way it originally was. When she asked originally, it seemed as if she was asking if she would still be able to buy it in the store.

But to the OP, no, it's not out of style..I don't really think any LV goes out of style.
That happens to me sometimes...lol...no worries....I just didn't want her to get a bunch of answers about when it was made, etc ;)

I think it's still nice...but it also kinda depends on how it's worn as well. It really annoys me when I see people with the red/creme or pink/brown and they have outfits that are really loud. Let the bag do all the talking!!! But no, I think it's a very classic shape and still looks good, it still catches my eye everytime I see one!

No, I think she means out of date, as in not hip anymore....which do you mean?

Yep that's what I meant - "out of date" as in "out of fashion, not hip anymore, not in trend anymore, if you carry it people will think yeek this lady is still living in the 90s"...ok hope that clarifies hahahaha :lol: :upsidedown: :lol:

I want to get one, and now it seems only from eBay...but worry that after I spend all that money on a Cherry Blossom piece, people will think I'm not "in the trend".

Don't get me wrong, I have all those timeless LV pieces and even have quite a few of the vintage 70s LV French Co. pieces which I cherish, but the Cherry Blossoms...I'm just not sure.

I guess I just need someone to point me in the right direction and say "that's timeless too...and you can still carry the Cherry Blossoms 5 years from now" you know? I like my money to be well invested in a piece that's not only collectible but wearable as well for a long time to come.

I also hardly see anyone carry the Graffiti ones anymore, and also wonder about the Grafiitis. Any much-appreciated advice fellow Purse Lovers? :heart: :heart: :heart:

I think it's still nice...but it also kinda depends on how it's worn as well. It really annoys me when I see people with the red/creme or pink/brown and they have outfits that are really loud. Let the bag do all the talking!!! But no, I think it's a very classic shape and still looks good, it still catches my eye everytime I see one!

Thanks :yes: I agree with you - when you carry signature pieces like these, let the bag do the talking!

I love the CB retros, and I still have all 3 of those (creme/red, pink/pink, brown/pink). All are mint and pristine and are my babies! I got rid of a lot of my CB pieces, and the ones that I decided to keep are the retros. I actually prefer the retro style over pap.

I missed out on the eye love retro (I esp like the black MC one), and judging by the prices on eBay now, I think I'll never get one, so I just have to be happy with my CB ones, LOL!

Hi Sarahcantiik, I read somehere on this forum that the Retro is diffcult to get in and out of - something to do with the clasp not easy to open/close. Do you find it so? Any other findings when using your Retro? :heart:

Miss Piggy, I totally know what you mean! I know that LV is timeless and never goes out of style. But then I also feel like the more whimsical pieces such as cherry blossom, cerises, graffiti, etc. will look outdated. Just because when they first come out there is an explosion of them being photographed or seen everywhere, carried by celebrities, in magazines, and such, and then they disappear soon after.
I do have some friends and family, in particular a cousin, who wouldn't be caught dead carrying "last year's trend". This has worked out to my benefit a couple times, with my cousin giving me her CB papillon after she got tired of it, for example.
I think to die-hard LV fans like us it never crosses our minds, but i'm afraid that the general public will think I am out of style. I have the collector's mindset which tells me it is okay to still own these pieces but I do find i'm hesitant to wear some of my LV out.
Anyone else feel this way? :crybaby:I know I shouldn't care what people think, but I am from La Jolla where everyone looks at you judgmentally if you do ONE thing wrong.

Miss Piggy, I totally know what you mean! I know that LV is timeless and never goes out of style. But then I also feel like the more whimsical pieces such as cherry blossom, cerises, graffiti, etc. will look outdated. Just because when they first come out there is an explosion of them being photographed or seen everywhere, carried by celebrities, in magazines, and such, and then they disappear soon after.
I do have some friends and family, in particular a cousin, who wouldn't be caught dead carrying "last year's trend". This has worked out to my benefit a couple times, with my cousin giving me her CB papillon after she got tired of it, for example.
I think to die-hard LV fans like us it never crosses our minds, but i'm afraid that the general public will think I am out of style. I have the collector's mindset which tells me it is okay to still own these pieces but I do find i'm hesitant to wear some of my LV out.
Anyone else feel this way? :crybaby:I know I shouldn't care what people think, but I am from La Jolla where everyone looks at you judgmentally if you do ONE thing wrong.

OMG LVLove, where is La Jolla? I mean it sounds like a jolly and friendly place ya know? I would feel cramped in an environment where people are judgemental and small town-minded, I would feel so uncomfortable carrying my loud LVs :crybaby: But I probably wouldn't give a hoot after a while :P And you are right, I agree with you which is wy I posted this threada in the first place. In my mind, I probably differentiate between those "collectible but for admiring only" pieces and those "collectible but wearable till kingdom come" pieces. Thus I didn't know if I should plonk money on the CB Retro...to keep or to wear, you know?

Oh well, I'll see if my budget fits. The CB pieces are still worth investing in, if I ever do get one, I'll post pics to share :yes:

La Jolla is down here in the San Diego area..it's a beach community. However, the mall is not at all impressive for some reason. UTC is full of children's stores and the only designer bag stores are Brighton and Coach. Otherwise...there isn't much choice. Plus, the Saks in downtown La Jolla closed so besides these 2 clothing boutiques called Go and Let's Go, there aren't really that great of places to shop. I think the area is more atmosphere than quality shopping, but that's just me. I live in the Carmel Valley/Del Mar area in case anyone knows where that is.