retourn policies?

costa

....Crinoline...
O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
Do you know what the return policy in Europe are?

Can I returne a bag I bought in a country to a shop in another country?

And what is the time limit?
:flowers:

The answer on returning a bag bought in another country to an H. in another country would most definitely be no. You see this policy adopted countrywide for all types of stores that have an international presence - Zara, Topshop - and I imagine H's return/exchange policies to be even tighter. I imagine the prime reasons are financial and also the fact that the stores are probably registered as independent companies in the various countries they are in. Basically, it costs a lot more for an H. bag to be shipped out of the country of manufacture and origin to an overseas shop.

However, regarding specific H stores, hopefully another TPFer will be able to enlighten you. Would you care to mention the H stores involved???

I doubt you could return to another country if there was different currency issues and also H is different prices in different countries too.

In the UK you can return within 14 days for a full refund

I doubt that you can return bags purchased in different countries, or maybe even stores, since each boutique has a quota of bags and order different items depending on the local market. For other smaller items, I think an exchange should be possible.

Costa, you should call the boutique and ask. We have had the same discussion a couple of weeks ago and the general consensus was exactly the opposite.

I returned a scarf purchased in Paris to a NY boutique, as well as a pilo pochette, no problem. Hard to imagine a bag would be any different. My credit was the value of the items in US dollars. (I showed my Paris receipts, so the boutique was aware these items were purchased overseas.)

I've exchanged both a scarf and a bracelet in different European H stores. I've also returned a scarf bought in Paris for a credit in Amsterdam. Additionally, a friend of mine bought a bracelet as a gift for her sister and our SA said that it could be returned to the store in Australia for an exchange.

I did, however, have a great relationship with the Amsterdam store. As far as I know, as Grill mentioned above, the stores in Europe are registered as independent companies.

I don't know their policy on bags though, but I suggest you call and ask.

Good luck :flowers:

I had a store credit from FSH. It could be applied to purchase at any H store in France (only France).

I think bag and other cross-country returns may be impacted by the size of the purchase and your relationship with the store...

I returned a scarf purchased in Paris to a NY boutique, as well as a pilo pochette, no problem. Hard to imagine a bag would be any different. My credit was the value of the items in US dollars. (I showed my Paris receipts, so the boutique was aware these items were purchased overseas.)

I did exactly the same thing with two scarves purchased at the Hermes boutique at Charles de Gaulle. I returned them to the Atlanta Hermes, and they issued a full store credit for the value of the scarves in US dollars. I believe that I had to use the credit within one year from date of issue. Of course, that WASN'T a problem!:P

Do you know what the return policy in Europe are?

Can I returne a bag I bought in a country to a shop in another country?

And what is the time limit?
:flowers:

my understanding is that you can return any item bought at a Hermes store to any other store if the item is untouched. As for the time limit I don't know but I have exchanged scarves between the US and France and they havn't even asked me for a receipt. Best call up and ask.