Retouch or total redye?

geekbabe

Aug 13, 2009
can corners be touched up? I got this bag on ebay, it's adorable but the corners are rather worn. I got a great matching wallet in another auction and had hoped to carry them together, can I touch up the corners with dye or should I redye the entire bag?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330351423935&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

here's the wallet, which looks beautiful after apple conditioning

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130325273196&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Start with some generous Apple applications and see if that does not even out the tone a bit.

I am not sure if you would want to redye an entire bag to even out the corners. The rest of the bag looks like it is in good condition.

Dyeing decreases the value of the bag and deletes the warrenty. I would only dye a bag if it is not wearable otherwise.

As for touch up....you would have to find a dye that is an exact match.

Start with some generous Apple applications and see if that does not even out the tone a bit.

I am not sure if you would want to redye an entire bag to even out the corners. The rest of the bag looks like it is in good condition.

Dyeing decreases the value of the bag and deletes the warrenty. I would only dye a bag if it is not wearable otherwise.

As for touch up....you would have to find a dye that is an exact match.

dstalk- Thanks about this advice I have been wondering the same thing.

I'm just going to keep hitting it with Apple but otherwise leave her as she is, the corners aren't too horrible and the bag goes beautifully with the wallet and a lot of my fall clothing.

geek, some people would not blink twice about using shoe polish or what ever, but I just can't get my self to use that...PLUS there is a huge chance that you will have color/ink transfer onto your clothing with those top coat applications....

geek, some people would not blink twice about using shoe polish or what ever, but I just can't get my self to use that...PLUS there is a huge chance that you will have color/ink transfer onto your clothing with those top coat applications....

I wouldn't want to spoil the integrity of the bag, with the apple a couple corners look better already. It's older leather and older leather will show some wear over time, sort of like it's 52 yr old owner:smile: