Retiro PM vs Palermo PM

Soccrnut3

Mar 23, 2013
I am thinking about getting a new bag and the Retiro PM has caught my attention. I previously had a Palermo PM and sold it (I fell out of love with it). Is the Retiro PM too similar to the Palermo PM?? What are the pros and cons of the Retiro PM?? Any help is appreciated!!! (FYI my current collection includes the Speedy B35 (Ebene), Totally MM (Mono), Delightful MM (Mono) and Noe (Mono).

I like the Retiro myself but it has been discontinued - may be a few still around. Are you wanting new? Do not care for the Palermo because of the pleats. I see them as two different bags. Maybe look at the Estrela as well.

I like the Retiro myself but it has been discontinued - may be a few still around. Are you wanting new? Do not care for the Palermo because of the pleats. I see them as two different bags. Maybe look at the Estrela as well.

Its been discontinued? It's still available on the site....
I would pick the retiro as well...its a beautiful bag!

I liked the Retiro much better than the Palermo.

The base sticks out too much on the Palermo.
The shoulder strap on the Retiro is much more comfortable, very well balanced, stays put.
The lining of the Retiro is micrfiber suedelike, really nice & soft. Palermo is brown canvas.
Retiro has 'feet'.
I actually sold both of these bags after owning them for years. They were just too large for my current needs but the Retiro is a great bag. The Palermo is the same capacity, a good practical bag. But I highly recommend the Retiro.