Rethinking my collection - what would you do?

vicky

O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
Inspired by all the recent re-evaluations of collections here on the forum, I feel it's time to rotate some of the bags I don't use a lot anymore, and find replacements that would fit my current life style better.

* Please note: This is NOT an advertisement for upcoming sales, I'm just asking for advice, and will not sell any of my bags on eBay, neither now, nor later *

I think it would be good to point out also that this is NOT a WTS Thread - i.e., no PM's or requests girls!

Current Mulberry collection:
Black Antique glacé bayswater
Black Somerset shoulder
Black Large Antony Messenger
Natural Python Brooke
Gunmetal Zinia
Oak Tooled bayswater
Black Large Jody shoulderbag
Black Milton Buffalo hobo

Black bays is my most loved and most used bag, and I use Somerset shoulder and large Antony a lot too. I feel that the large Antony is a bit casual, and wanted something a bit more dressy for work - hence the Milton, but it turned out to be too big. (As is large Jody, that I love but rarely use due to its size). Brooke & Zinia are great evening bags, they are staying. I also have a black Chanel e/w, and some LV's, so I don't need any more evening bags. Oak tooled bays is an old love, I can't honestly say I use it much - but I'm not ready to let it go either. I like the bays-type of flat bags, bulky bags like roxy or mabel is not for me. And I love messenger style, and prefer structured over slouchy. So I think Jody & Milton are going, and I would like to replace them with something else, that I would use more. But what?

My first idea was to try to find a black pleated poppy (loved it for a long time), but then I also like the sand pleated poppy a lot, and don't really have any light coloured bags - perhaps sand would make more sense. Then I thought a black bag with silver hw would be great - all my bags have brass hw, and I like the black/silver combo. I also would like a dressier black messenger bag, for work and formal occasions - have considered a black mitzy messenger, but find it a little too slouchy. What I would really use is probably another bays, but it would be nice to get something else - since I already have two. What would you do? My head is spinning and I can't make up my mind - any advice would be much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen the mabel messenger now on the website? I haven't checked dimensions yet- but that could be your dressier messenger maybe if it's not too big!

ooh just checked- it's probably way too big!!!! How about an E/W bays as you like the bays style? I think you've got my head spinning too!!!:nuts:

^^^You are right Jo, east-west bays is not a bad idea. Answering Haribos post just now also made me think about it again. It is a great looking bag, and can be carried over the shoulder too. hmm...

Rachiem, I have been considering something red. Would have to be a very deep, dark red. I had a red Alexender mcQueen Novak in a beautiful dark red, I kind of miss that colour (the bag too, but it was handheld only so I never used it). I have been considering something in choco too, I don't have any dark brown bags and sometimes I miss that. A chocolate Kensington would be perfect.

Charlie, the poppy messengers are lovely - I agree, and I like the black/silver combination. I only wish they had a zipped top! The open top feels a bit unsecure, I feel, but perhaps I'm just being silly.