rethinking my collection - advice

maryg1

K in a circle
O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
I've started the new year with the resolution of rethinking my bag collection. I want to sell the bags I don't use, no matter how much I like them still, and gets some I know will get more use.
I for sure will keep my 2 kellys as elegant - formal bags, and hope to acquire more.
But what for everyday? So far the bag that accomodates all my needs is a speedy 30, very vintage (handles are almost ebene!). I'm thinking to get a mon monogram speedy 30 to use in the fall-winter, but what to get for summer? I was thinking about another speedy but in watercolor, but I'd like to hear what you say.
I prefer top closed bags, that can easily be used at day and night.
Thanks!

Sounds like you prefer satchels or handheld bags moreso than hobos or totes?
I take it your price point is higher since you're considering an LV watercolor but
if you give us your shape preference, that will help narrow down the choices a bit more.

I prefer hand held and over the shoulder bags, I'm not the type for messenger bags. The thing I like about the speedy is that by adding a strap it can easily change into a shoulder bag when you need your hands free. I'm about 163 cm, so oversized bag don't work well for me.
Lightweight is also required, because I tend to carry a lot with me.

If you like LV, I think nothing says 'Summer' like a LV Azur :yes:

Or how about a Valextra Med Boston (all leather but still fairly light weight) Med Isis (shaped a little like a Kelly and also has a shoulder strap) or Med Babila (like a Boston on the bottom, wedge-shape on the top).

Good luck Mary

If you are thinking of LV, white Epi or white Mahina for summer?
Both can be dressed up or down. Both leather bags. Both just screams CLASS!

This BV Boston in Shock--a bright pink--would be a lovely alternative to the Speedy.

http://www.bottegaveneta.com/defaul...designer-handbags/top-handle-and-satchels"}}}

ooohhhhhh! Pretty bag!! I love pink!!!

I love hand-held satchels too. It sounds like you already have your heart set on a Watercolor speedy. I have one and I love it for summer.

I'll second the recommentation for the Ferragamo Sofia. I have a medium brown one and it is so versatile and classic.

best wishes!

Prada Fairy says summer to me. (Never seen one in person so I don't know if they are functional or not.)

The bags you don't use even though you like them--what's the deal? Why do you not use them?

Attachments

• y1bAed2LfoU1seb.jpg
    y1bAed2LfoU1seb.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 316
I'm not normally a Prada fan but I love that one!

I used to use shoulder bags exclusively but I'm now sold on hand held - LV Speedy and LAMB Walderston. My other bags aren't expensive enough to be worth selling but when they wear out the replacements will definitely be hand held.

Iwantaspybag said:
Prada Fairy says summer to me. (Never seen one in person so I don't know if they are functional or not.)

The bags you don't use even though you like them--what's the deal? Why do you not use them?

Thank you for your suggestion. The other bags are all aesthically beautiful but are too small, too big, too heavy, the leather was not what I expected etc. I guess it takes a lot of time, mistakes and money to find the perfect bag!

papertiger said:
If you like LV, I think nothing says 'Summer' like a LV Azur :yes:

Or how about a Valextra Med Boston (all leather but still fairly light weight) Med Isis (shaped a little like a Kelly and also has a shoulder strap) or Med Babila (like a Boston on the bottom, wedge-shape on the top).

Good luck Mary

Damier azur is also on my radar!!
Will check the other bags you suggest, it's always nice to receive a non-hermes bag suggestion by an hermes lover!