Retail?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. yeah, i'm not complaining, my boss likes me, i got the day before christmas off :nuts:

2. I worked retail once and it was for Camelot Music. It was a popular hang-out spot. There were some perks to working there such as meeting people from the record companies; getting free CDs (not the five-finger discount approach); and listening to music all day long. I hated the work attire---denim shirt and khaki pants yuck!

I left as soon as we got a new manager. He had this I-am-the-manager attitude. You know, the type that ain't worth a bag of pennies without their job title.

Since I worked retail, I have a better appreciation for the SAs (the long hours on your feet, low pay, demanding sales-driven managers and irrational customers). Yet, I know how to give good customer service, as well as get it because of my experience in retail. The secret: For customers and SAs to gain a positive experience, each person must show empathy, courtesy, and the willingness to compromise. If one element is missing, all hell will break loose.