Workplace Retail Hell - Stories of current and former retail employees

Used to work for Lancome in the late 90's.

-> The clueless boyfriend or husband who comes to the counter at 9:30 pm on Christmas Eve to buy a mascara for their girlfriend / wife and asks us to wrap it for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bratty1919
I work as a personal stylist. Overall I really enjoy my job however only three things bother me:

1) People who think their sh*t dont stink.
2) People who use their cell phones and expect me to help them while they are gabbing away about their trip to the Bahamas coming up. I get it people need to take calls but I am not helping anyone until they get off their phone.
3) Last but not least people who beg me for discounts. If you cant afford it then dont buy it. Your life isnt going to be in jeopardy if you do not bring that dress home with you.

Hope I dont sound like a B but its just how I feel lol. Ive had a few people that fall under these categories and while I let it roll off my back it does annoy me,

Here is a story but it was actually from when I worked at a law firm as a legal researcher, This girl came in to meet with an attorney and was upset that we wouldn't take her case. She walked by the front desk area and knocked all the papers that were on the desk onto the floor and then she ripped out all the plotted plants. That was really a sight to see....

Last edited: