Restrictions on quantity buying LV

LVBaggieLV

O.G.
Mar 26, 2013
Hi all

I am in Europe on a shopping spree and visiting as much LV stores as possible (part of my trip activity). And as you all know, each store may have items which are not available at other stores.

On my third visit in a second European country, I would like to purchase bandouliere but was informed that there are limits to number or purchases per customer because LV would like to ensure that each customer can have one item.

So far, I have purchased only SLGs, accessories and perfume. The 'biggest' purchase was a Neverfull LoL edition.

Would like to ask if anyone has any experience buying from different LV stores within or in different country within Europe itself and was informed of purchase restrictions? This comes as something new to me, especially so when I am not even purchasing big items or more than one limited edition item.

Thanks all

Hi all

I am in Europe on a shopping spree and visiting as much LV stores as possible (part of my trip activity). And as you all know, each store may have items which are not available at other stores.

On my third visit in a second European country, I would like to purchase bandouliere but was informed that there are limits to number or purchases per customer because LV would like to ensure that each customer can have one item.

So far, I have purchased only SLGs, accessories and perfume. The 'biggest' purchase was a Neverfull LoL edition.

Would like to ask if anyone has any experience buying from different LV stores within or in different country within Europe itself and was informed of purchase restrictions? This comes as something new to me, especially so when I am not even purchasing big items or more than one limited edition item.

Thanks all
Yes there are restrictions for foreign buyers (London seems to be particularly strict according to what I read on the forum). Keep in mind that purchasing multiples of the same item will definitely be considered a red flag that you might be a reseller.

Reactions: frivofrugalista
Yes there are restrictions for foreign buyers (London seems to be particularly strict according to what I read on the forum). Keep in mind that purchasing multiples of the same item will definitely be considered a red flag that you might be a reseller.

Thanks for the information. It did not occur to me that reselling is a possibility to them, especially so when I did not buy anything twice or any hamdbag purchases or limited edition items (save for LoL NF). And the items that I bought, even if the SAs flag me out as a suspect for reselling items, it is definitely not worth to resell SLGs as the prices are very close to home. Taking into consideration the flight paid, time spent, transportation to LV.... I mean, I just thought they would have some policies to differentiate fans / genuine purchases VS resellers.

I was kind of upset to be treated suspiciously and coldly when they found out that I had made purchases in other boutiques.

But well, that's history.

Thanks for the information. It did not occur to me that reselling is a possibility to them, especially so when I did not buy anything twice or any hamdbag purchases or limited edition items (save for LoL NF). And the items that I bought, even if the SAs flag me out as a suspect for reselling items, it is definitely not worth to resell SLGs as the prices are very close to home. Taking into consideration the flight paid, time spent, transportation to LV.... I mean, I just thought they would have some policies to differentiate fans / genuine purchases VS resellers.

I was kind of upset to be treated suspiciously and coldly when they found out that I had made purchases in other boutiques.
If LV had a fool proof way of distinguishing resellers from actual purchasers then such a policy may not be required.

I wonder if it would have made a difference to say that the item you wanted was not available at the previous boutiques? They could have checked with Client Services to verify. I understand why they flag people buying multiples, but you said you weren't doing that. Should be a simple thing to prove to them if they can see your shopping history.

I wonder if it would have made a difference to say that the item you wanted was not available at the previous boutiques? They could have checked with Client Services to verify. I understand why they flag people buying multiples, but you said you weren't doing that. Should be a simple thing to prove to them if they can see your shopping history.

Well I would say they did not verify much with me, just quickly 'run away' with my passport to talk to colleagues around and walk back and forth, took a calculator, and then come back to me and said 'let me check with my manager'. When I ask if there is any problem, they just said that they noticed I have purchase 'many' items in the last days and said there is a restriction. I was asking what was it about eg, it is I cant buy anything more but they just said 'check with manager' and continued walking off with my passport.

Eventually, I got to purchase items at the stores (again, I only purchase for MY collection, I am not reseller). But what I mean is, they could have been forthcoming about restrictions, and hopefully this is consistent in every store.

Note that based on my experience during this trip, I had no such treatment at mall-stores such as LaFayette, just stand alone boutiques.