Restoring Scratched and Folded Leather Moschino Bag

orchidmyst

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
I recently got a vintage leather Moschino leather bag.
The bag arrived scuffed at the bottom and some parts of the leather was folded due to poor storage in the past.
Can the scuffed up part be fixed?
Can the folded leather area be conditioned and flattened?

Attachments

• 2013-10-16 014.jpg
    2013-10-16 014.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 973
  • 2013-10-16 011.jpg
    2013-10-16 011.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 857
You need to stuff the bag so that it fills the interior completely and stresses the folded area. Once you have done this you need to use a mild leather cleaner to rehydrate the leather and allow is to soften and move back into shape - similar to muscle memory.

In terms of the scratches. They don't seem to be that bad so you could use a DIY product. THBS in the UK sell a touch-up-marker solution in a range of standard colours and gloss levels for around £15 (from memory). They can tailor it to your needs, but its probably the cheapest options for a home repair solution.

hope this helps

You need to stuff the bag so that it fills the interior completely and stresses the folded area. Once you have done this you need to use a mild leather cleaner to rehydrate the leather and allow is to soften and move back into shape - similar to muscle memory.

In terms of the scratches. They don't seem to be that bad so you could use a DIY product. THBS in the UK sell a touch-up-marker solution in a range of standard colours and gloss levels for around £15 (from memory). They can tailor it to your needs, but its probably the cheapest options for a home repair solution.

hope this helps

Thank you for posting this about the folded areas. I have a patent Tory Burch on the way that is out of shape. I got a great deal so I was hoping to be able to fix it.

OP your bag is super cool. I hope you can get her fixed up. P.S. the scratches look like the black is gone in that spot, but if it's white transferred onto the black (like I have on my vernis Louis), you might want to try non-acetone nail polish remover.